Mufg In The Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Lead Software Engineer, Item Processing Technology, Vice President
We are seeking a professional with an Item Processing background to perform application support and software development. This individual will contribute towards the support of a range of applications, work on small to large projects, provide analysis and resolution of bug fixes, perform enhancements, and work with software vendors.
* Responsible for development, maintenance, modifications and implementation of Item Processing technology applications.
* Provide after-hours on-call support for production related issues
* Work with software vendors for software installation, problem resolution, and enhancements.
* Responsible for ensuring system availability, resolving production issues in time timely manner.
* Assist the Systems Manager and/or Group Technology Manager in the long-range strategic plan by defining organizational goals and objectives, identifying the attributes and long-term needs of customer/user groups
* Assess the impact of new application systems, processes, technology, physical location changes and processing priority changes on contingency plan.
* Assist in architectural design for new/upgrade application upgrade projects.
* Analyze exposure/risk/vulnerability of applications to the overall success and existence to the Bank.
* Ensure that applications needed to support the essential needs of the Bank are provided in times of system failure or disaster
* Provide advice and/or technical assistance to other Item Processing Application Support technical staff (i.e. mentor), Item Processing Operations and other internal partners on small, medium, and large complex projects.
* Analyze the feasibility of automated systems, detail requirements, systems design, selection of hardware/software systems, etc.
* Evaluate risk and provide innovative solutions on projects, maintenance items, and production issue resolution
* Complete required change documentation, and perform change implementations.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required Must have 7 years of experience working in Financial industry
* 7 years of progressive experience working as a software developer in the Finance industry (C#, .NET, Java, PERL Batch programming/automation and Shell Scripting) on Windows and Unix based environments (Agile a plus).
* Strong database / SQL skills on Oracle and SQL Server
* Exhibit analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Subject Matter Expertise in the tools and vendor products to execute a world class Item Processing platform (TRIPS, NCR Passport, and/or Lockbox based experience is a plus)
* Subject Matter Expertise in Image Processing, Image Archive management and other Financial Services related Technologies
* Strategic, creative, and innovative mind
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About Mufg In The Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.