Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Performs in Team Lead capacity and demonstrates proactive leadership to assist Systems Manager and help lead the geographically distributed software development team with minimal supervision. Provides design recommendations based on long-term organization strategy and develops enterprise level application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features. At a lead level, develops standards and patterns for complex implementations. Has expert knowledge of state-of-the art design patterns, application security integration, vendor products, and tools for designing, coding, testing and debugging technology solutions. Acts as trusted technical liaison between business and technology stakeholders for providing the right and sustainable technology solutions that will deliver measurable business value in quick time-to-market fashion. Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the business. Acts as an advocate, mentor and change agent within the organization.
Assist Systems Manager, lead projects and the software development team and provide guidance/training to more junior staff. Understand technical solutions to develop integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues. Recognized expert internally and externally within a discipline(s) and often provides strategic direction, guidance and integration of products and services. Plan and organize the development of architecture, technical support for platforms, and enterprise standards. Formulate system scope and objectives, refine the best practices and right procedures to deliver highly complex solutions or solve business problems. Evaluate software and system problems and recommend the right technology solutions to application systems requirements ensuring the architectural vision is supported. Be proactive driver to ensure overall data integrity and system regulatory compliance. Identify risk items, plan and resolve them in agree upon timeline.
* Develop standards and best practice procedures as well as solution architectures for securing API, web and mobile channels. Research and maintain high level knowledge in emerging technologies and vendor products for possible solutions and architectures to meet the business needs.
* Conduct code review for a broad variety of code quality factors. Plan and organize the development of technical support protocol, evaluate software and system problems and potential solutions to application systems requirements.
* Perform as a highly technical, result-oriented and customer-focused leader when working with various business and technology stakeholders to help brainstorm and finalize business requirements and product roadmaps in order to deliver enterprise goals. Conceive, plan and implement novel and sustainable approaches to solve complex business problems of diverse scope. Able to prepare and present complex technical concepts to executive management.
* Lead software development team and deliver highly complex projects "end to end". Work with other technology partners to ensure production stability. Set an example for rest of team, coach and mentor junior software engineers and assist Systems Manager to build high performing software development team.
* Establish project schedules and budget estimates. Create and maintain project plans and methodologies, project schedules and budget estimates.
* Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
* Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
* 7 years of experience with application systems design and integration and security architecture. Possess expert knowledge and experience for application security in Web and Mobile domain.
* Knowledge and experience of Containerization technologies and tools, such as Docker, Kubernetes, RedHat OpenShift; No-SQL (Mongo DB etc.); CI/CD tool Jenkins.
* Knowledge and experience of Microservices, REST API design and development, Spring Boot, API Gateway (WSO2), digitalML ignite platform experience.
* Knowledge and experience of OpenID Connect, OAuth2 and SAML2 standards.
* Experience with PingIdentity Products is a big plus.
* Knowledge and experience with OWASP Top 10 and applying the best practices to identifying, preventing and resolving them in customer-facing online applications.
* Knowledge and experience with web application deployment and automatic CI/CD technology and best practices on Linux/Unix.
* Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues in applications and systems built on a variety of technology platforms, whether familiar or unfamiliar.
* Demonstrated ability to learn new applications, systems, technologies, and methodologies.
* Demonstrated strong analytical skills as applied to technical challenges, application and system design, requirements analysis, project delivery, and overall software quality.
* Ability to follow standard change control processes and balance risks/opportunities.
* Demonstrated success leading a software development team, working in cross-departmental and cross-functional team environment.
* Knowledge and experience with building, running, migrating and securing applications and services in AWS. AWS Certified Developer or Solution Architect is a big plus.
* Experience building high performance eCommerce applications/services would be a big plus.
* Experience in Agile software development methodologies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About MUFG Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.