Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel? Want to be part of a fantastic and fun company that's revolutionizing the online travel advertising space?
Built on a decade of expertise analyzing the complete traveler path to purchase, Sojern drives travelers from dream to destination. The company delivered $13B in bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Sojern Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, and Istanbul.
It is an exciting time to join the engineering team at Sojern. Business is booming and the opportunities for engineering to make a huge impact to our business are ever growing. With a plethora of major initiatives and an aggressive plan to practically double the engineering team within a year, we're in search of Lead Software Engineer to help us grow and make our company vision a reality.
* Project Conception/Refinement -- Work alongside our product team to conceive, refine, and plan for new functionality/products that enhance Sojern's products/value
* Design and Build Distributed Systems -- work with product, data science and site reliability engineer to design large scale, fault-tolerant systems.
* Ownership -- Own key systems and define key SLIs/SLOs/SLAs for those systems. defining SLIs/SLOs. Work alongside our product team to conceive and bring to life new functionality/products that impact Sojern's performance and value. Represent the engineering team throughout Sojern
Join the platform engineering team and help make impact on Sojern's bottom line. Each engineer in the team owns highly visible revenue producing features of our Sojern Travel Platform. You will be responsible for taking new features from inception to execution in partnership with Product, Data Science, SRE and Ops teams. We are looking for engineers who are quick learners and are not afraid of multiple deployments in a day (except for Friday!)
* 7+ years of software engineering experience
* Production experience in one of: Go, Python, Java.
* Excellent grasp of CS fundamentals - data structures and algorithms.
* Experience with Distributed Systems.
* Experience with highly parallel processes.
* Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services infrastructure (EC2, S3).
* Big Data experience: BigQuery, BigTable, Hadoop, HBase
* BS/MS/PhD in CS/EE or equivalent experience.
Nice to Haves:
* Machine Learning experience -- Successful implementation of ML solutions
* Infrastructure Tools - Docker, Kubernetes (GKE), Jenkins
* AdTech experience - OpenBidder/RTB
* Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
* Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
* Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
* Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
* Snacks: Variety of snacks in the office
* Meals: Monthly catered lunches & happy hours
* Competitive Localized Benefits
* IATA Travel Discount
* Time Off: Flexible vacation days
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
With 350 million traveler profiles and a powerful platform, we help you put more heads in beds, travelers in seats, and tourists in towns.