McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Software Engineer - Machine Learning
At Capital One, we experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
Keep reading if:
* You're driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the customer.
* You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries and are comfortable challenging the status-quo.
* You LOVE technology and learning new things.
What you'll do:
* Be a senior contributor on a small, agile development team
* Perform complex application design and programming activities in the latest techniques: Scala, Java, Node, REST, microservices, AWS/Cloud infrastructure, Spark, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins.
* Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible.
* Deliver solutions to production that knock everyone's socks off.
What we're looking for:
* Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
* A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
* Ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.
* An understanding of the language and or framework you have used to build a production system.
* Solid analytical skills that guide a methodical approach to any problem.
* Bachelors Degree or military experience
* At least 5 years of software development experience
* At least 1 year of experience working with AWS services SQS, S3, EMR, RDS (PostgreSQL).
* Masters Degree
* At least 10 years of experience in application development using Java, Python, and/or Scala
* At least 2 years of experience with AWS (with certification)
* At least 2 years of experience with Spark, Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Docker
* At least 1 year of experience with supervised machine learning, preferably in NLP
Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates who qualify.
At this time, Capital One will sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.