We're looking for a Lead Software Engineer-Full Stack to join our team in North America and become an integral part of our Technology function.
* Working with technical leads, engineers, designers, business analysts and operations teams to develop dynamic client-side web applications across most areas of our business.
* Prototyping and developing new ideas and participate in all parts of the lifecycle from research to release.
* Working closely with UX and Graphic Designers to turn wireframes and visual designs into working HTML/CSS prototypes.
* Developing and optimizing front-end UI to ensure web applications are rendered consistently in cross-browser environments.
* Writing clean, scalable, standards-compliant, reusable, quality code with strong knowledge of OO design.
* Experience with PHP, Node.js, Angular
* Experience with React/Flux/ NuclearJS/Immutable.JS
* Working knowledge of component based design system
* Experience working with high volume of data and analytics.
* Very strong knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, etc)
* Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving)
* Able to write clean, readable, maintainable and well-tested code.
* Familiarity with performance and debugging tools like Firebug, YSlow, Charles, Fiddler.
* Good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests and automated testing.
* Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
* Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
* Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related experience.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we're passionate about - unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability - whilst giving you control over your benefits.
* 15 day of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
* 401 - Saving Incentive plan
* Flexible Spending accounts
* Vision benefits
* Summer Fridays - 09:00-1:00pm from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend
* Great learning and development opportunities
* Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
* Life Assurance and Disability insurance
* Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you're passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world's most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?