SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER (FLIGHT SOFTWARE TEST)
The Flight Software Test team is responsible for verifying the software that operates our flight vehicles. Our team builds test frameworks, automates the execution of system-level software tests, and helps to design, integrate, and verify new software features. We support high-fidelity hardware-in-the-loop test environments, including tests on the actual flight vehicles, and work directly with hardware and software development engineers to investigate issues and make subsystems work together to achieve mission objectives, often for the first time.
* Directly manage 3-5 flight software engineers in the test team
* Own all aspects, including delivery, of a specific testing technology roadmap
* Provide strong technical leadership with a focus on continuous improvement
* Develop and automate valuable, reliable tests for our flight software
* Maintain the highest standards of excellence, never settling for the status quo
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 2+ years in software engineering, OR 4+ years in software engineering without a degree
* 1+ years of experience as a lead, manager, or functioning in a technical leadership capacity
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 2+ years software engineering in python
* Professional experience with C/C++
* Creative approach to problem solving with strong analytical skills
* Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.