Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life's milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we're there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is seeking a talented and driven Lead Engineer. The Knot is the nation's leading wedding marketplace, providing our couples with a completely personalized experience that guides them through the entire wedding planning journey. The Lead Engineer will be responsible for managing a team of talented engineers while working closely with Product and Design Leads to collaborate and iterate on product features. Our Product and Engineering teams work closely together at every phase of product development from research and inception to release and maintenance.
* Lead a talented team of full-stack and mobile engineers
* Provide mentorship to all members of the team, coaching team members on their personal and career development
* Actively participate in the ideation and execution of product roadmap
* Work closely with business stakeholders to deliver value to users and business partners
* Lead and facilitate decision making during technical meetings
* Spend at least 30% time producing well-tested, extensible code that stands up to 5M+ requests per day
* Ensure technical KPIs around application maintenance, performance and resiliency are met
* Drive technical roadmap, contribute to the development of codebase and infrastructure
* Promote best practices and ensure the continuous improvement of engineering and product processes
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* 6+ years of overall engineering experience
* 5+ years hands-on proven track record implementing full stack applications
* 2+ years of experience using React or other modern frontend framework
* 2+ years of experience using Ruby on Rails or similar technology
* 2+ years of DevOps experience - working with AWS or a similar cloud platform
* 2+ years managing engineers
* Experience working in an Agile, TDD environment
* Experience building and maintaining scalable REST APIs
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Mastery of design patterns and anti-patterns
* Pair programming experience is a plus
* Team player, able to multitask, with a can-do attitude
* B.S. in Computer Science a major plus
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
* You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
* You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn't right, you say something.
* You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
* You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
* You aren't afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there's no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
* You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else-in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
About XO Group
XO Group offers information, products, and advice concerning weddings and pregnancy.