The Bethesda.net team is seeking a talented lead software engineer to contribute to the Bethesda Softworks Digital Publishing Platform. This role focuses on leading a small team of engineers developing features for our services tier supporting online games and our publishing business. The specific area of focus will be our content delivery systems.
Our services tier is primarily RESTful Python operated in AWS. However, we are migrating towards Go and gRPC as our preferred standards. Our systems are running at scale 24x7, and all engineers participate in architecture discussions, live support, and our continuous improvement processes.
We are always exploring ways to improve our scale, reliability, and efficiency. Engineers are expected to learn and support new technologies, as well as propose new solutions that solve observed problems.
* Guide the technical development of complex features under the direction of a Technical Manager
* Provide technical leadership to a small team of engineers and evaluate the technical quality of team deliverables
* Write clean, maintainable code that is scalable, reliable, and observable
* Support systems in a 24x7 environment including troubleshooting, hot fixing, and root cause analysis
* Actively provide code review and feedback for other developers
* Learn new technologies and programming languages as needed
* Ensure consistency with security policy standards and security plan
* Understand and define infrastructure as code to support systems developed
* Collaborate with other engineers and engineering teams to delivery high quality, complex systems - this includes Ops Infra, Security, QA, NOC, and Game Developers
* Coach and mentor engineers
* Other duties as assigned
* 7 years of experience as a software engineer
* Experience leading small engineering teams
* Possess a strong technical background and deep knowledge of software engineering principles, exceptional problem solving, design, programming, and testing skills
* Experience building cloud infrastructure and operating live systems
* Experience with version control systems (Github preferred)
* Experience supporting live systems at very high scale
* Customer focused design of APIs and integration requirements; make integration easy
* Experience integrating online services
* Deep understanding of programming a variety of languages and how they operate under challenging conditions
* Desire to learn new languages and technology
* Pragmatic approach to providing engineering solutions that solve business needs
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Strongly desire Golang experience
* Experience working with microservices architecture
* Experience with RPC protocols including gRPC and jRPC
ZeniMax is a media company connecting game developers, artists, designers, programmers, and talents to create entertainment content.