Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Lead Application Developer contributes towards the development of multi-terabyte marketing solutions that integrate and optimize our client's data across numerous sources. The ideal candidate will have a solid working knowledge of multiple development environments and languages such as .NET C#, Java, SQL and scripting, but only needs in-depth expertise in one or two of these areas (.NET preferred). The primary function of this role is the integration of applications with Merkle's marketing database solutions and third party web/cloud services to meet client business objectives. You will have an opportunity to create middle-ware (SOA) services, back-end, and front-end web components for Merkle's renowned marketing solutions.
* Work as part of a global team in a matrix organization.
* Developing n-tier applications and middle-ware services that could include:
* Customer facing Preference Center
* Client facing, web-based Lookup Utilities
* Web services interfacing with third-party and client applications.
* Hands-on development and support of client deliverables including:
* Leading design sessions
* Writing technical documentation
* Developing code to implement solutions
* Unit testing
* Assisting in QA/UAT phase as issues arise
* Deploying code to production and providing initial support
* Leading a team of developers to complete client deliverables according to requirements and timelines including:
* Manage the team's workload and workflow in conjunction with Solution and Project Managers
* Code review
* Provide guidance and consultation to the developers
* Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
* Ability to work on multiple projects and deliverables concurrently
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or related IT field, or relevant professional experience
* 6-10 years of application development experience
* Solid .NET development knowledge (Java experience a plus)
* Proficiency and/or experience with most of the following technologies:
* IDE's: Visual Studio, NetBeans
* Frameworks: ASP.NET, AngularJS, JQuery, Spring, Java servlets, Struts
* Database: MS SQL Server, T-SQL, stored procedures
* ORM's: Entity Framework, Dapper, Linq-to-SQL, Hibernate
* Experience in developing Web Services (SOAP or RESTful)
* Experience in software engineering and development methodologies, techniques, and tools, including Version Control systems (Subversion, git), Issue Tracking (Jira), and Software Development Lifecycle Processes (waterfall; agile)
* Familiarity with web servers (IIS, JBOSS)
* Familiarity with web security fundamentals, types of attacks, and remediation
* Experience with multiple Operating Systems (Linux, Red Hat Linux, UNIX, Windows Server, Windows XP/7)
* Experience or Knowledge of CMS (Content Management System) platforms a plus
* Experience with AWS a plus
* Experience in database marketing a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.