Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealth management, and trust solutions on a national, full-service basis for more than five decades. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstamtrust.com.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineers with some leadership skills for our growing team.
* Work closely with an Agile team of Software Engineers
* Participate in the design, development, coding, automated testing, debugging, and maintenance of software code for business applications
* Build quality applications and deliver on time
* Keep up with best practices in software development and architectural design
* Collaborate with the team to produce quality code
* Coach, mentor and develop team members to enhance individual skills and capabilities
* Evaluate tools or technologies for testing and development
* Evaluate stability, scalability, security, performance of software products
* Keep up with emerging technologies and new design approaches
* Minimum B.S. / M.S. Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 5+ years of varied software development experience
* Strong understanding of object-oriented programming- fluency in Python or Ruby or other OO programming languages
* Excellent knowledge of REST, JSON, MVC, and service oriented architecture
* Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Constantly update technical knowledge and skills and mentor others to increase the skill level of the department
* Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to non-technical personnel
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience working in an Agile environment
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
About First American
First American Title Insurance Company facilitates and streamlines real estate transactions by providing comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services.