Job Summary and Mission
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit - one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
Come be a part of one of the teams helping to shape the future of Starbucks Technology. You will work collaboratively as part of a talented team of engineers that produces tools for our partners in the field to use. We are in the cloud and cross platform. This provides an opportunity to create testing solutions that are not complex but can effectively validate that we are releasing quality products to our partners.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
This role requires strong technical expertise, platform depth, and leadership.
* Lead a team of SDETs to create test automation and processes that ensure we are delivering high quality tools to partners in core stores
* Collaborate with the operations excellence product owners to communicate what needs to be tested, how it will be tested, and the results.
* Support the continuous improvement process in all aspects of the development process.
* Ensure all solutions built on the platform meet Starbucks architecture and security requirements.
* Provide high quality support and documentation for all users of the Operations Excellence tools.
* Ensure that our platform has a solid foundation by managing platform upgrades and defining development standards and best-practices.
* Mentor other engineers to improve their technical knowledge and capabilities.
* 7 years test automation design and implementation experience with programming languages and script development, as well as experience designing, developing and implementing test automation strategies, approaches and frameworks
* Bachelor's degree with coursework in Computer Science, Information Systems, Informatics, or a related field or degree equivalent; and/or work experience in Software Development Quality Assurance
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong interpersonal skills, building an effective network of relationships.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, as an advocate for the platform.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to design pragmatic solutions.
* Mentoring, coaching and leading other technical and non-technical team members.
* Experience reviewing product and technical requirements and developing an effective test plan
* Experience testing RestAPIs, Websites, and mobile applications.
* Experience with Jira, TestRails
* Experience developing test automation using UI automation frameworks
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA , veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.