The Impact: There is nothing more important than the health of the platform.
What's in it for you:
* Opportunity to work on every technology within the S&P Global Platform
* Collaborate with many stakeholders of various parts of the platform
* Opportunity to innovate
* Work with some of the most talented people in a great team
* Deliver on requirements for user stories in a multi-functional Agile team
* Develop expertise in our enterprise platform
* Set and maintain a level of excellence using various technologies to develop, support, and deploy enterprise class software
* Understand and consider our customer's environments and their use of our products
* Apply software engineering practices and implement automation across all elements of solution delivery
What We're Looking For:
* Full stack developer with understanding in networking and hardware
* Experience with application build and deployment
* Strong analytical skill to understanding the issue/requirement and come up with best solution
* Ability to collaborate and communicate with other teams
* Ability to do code review and understand other developers' code
* Understanding of architectural patterns and techniques
* Ability to resolve functional and performance issues using various techniques such as debugging and profiling
* Curiosity: Exhibits superior problem-solving skills. Compulsively searches for the underlying cause of an issue instead of simply suppressing its symptoms
* End-user focus: This person greatly values the user experience and keeps this front of mind. Recognizes that solutions are only as good as the quality of the experience they provide the user.
* Passion for coding and automation: Proficient in at least two scripting or programming languages. Probably a given for SD, but the best candidates would be the type to write code or explore automation on their own, just for fun
What Would Give you an Edge:
* Best-in-class in an area of technology
* Excellent presentation skill
* Excellent documentation skill
* Application performance improvement experience
* Remain calm but have sense of urgency
* Experience with working with people remotely
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID :
Posted On :
New York, NY US
About S&P Global
S&P Global is the provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets.