Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Cambridge
The Site Specialist manages work orders in customers' Asset Management Database, primarily focusing on pipette calibrations. Collection of pipettes throughout the facility and preparing for service by outside vendor. This position plays a critical role in supporting site initiatives to enhance client satisfaction, account profitability and retention. The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator and effectively develop and maintain positive working relationship with vendors.
* Conduct site operations in accordance with terms and conditions of program contract and Statement of Work Support overall account strategy to achieve annual operating plan goals for revenue, growth, margin expansion, and account retention.
* Develop and maintain positive and professional working relationships with clients, service vendors and Thermo Fisher staff.
* Responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
* Support the development of quarterly business reviews and participate in meetings as required.
* Assist in data collection and analysis of customer metrics to include but not limited to financials, compliance, growth, and profitability.
* Support action plans and tracking mechanisms to drive continuous improvement.
* Ensure that all compliance and regulatory guidelines are met specific to asset management and services program to include all facets of inventory management through provided tools.
* Responsible for accurate data input to Resource Center database to include service requests, work orders and purchase order information.
* Support problem resolution and escalation at account as needed.
* Monitor all service activities and escalations to include, timeliness, accuracy, and quality of the event.
* Monitor and maintain up-to-date service and financial documents for service contracts. Ensure vendor compliance.
* Assist with the resolution of service or billing issues, questions or credits.
* Obtain and review field service reports and invoices for financial accuracy, technical remediation procedures, and completeness.
* Search and provide alternate methods of service or parts in alignment with account strategy and promote alternate service providers with an emphasis on Thermo Fisher Scientific MVS.
* Follow established, approved procedure for high dollar repairs, issue High Dollar P.O. numbers and monitor high dollar repairs as they progress up to and including call follow up.
* Adhere to all Thermo Fisher and customer security and safety procedures.
* Support opportunities to identify and leverage other Thermo Fisher products and services.
* Participate in PPI project teams as assigned to improve business performance.
* Other appropriate duties as assigned by Thermo Fisher management.
* Travel to multiple client locations as applicable to support account needs (< 5%).
* Associates degree or equivalent experience
* Experience in a customer facing position
* Proficient PC skills and ability to effectively use Windows based software.
* Experience in Life Sciences or Healthcare environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Work independently and proactively to resolve customer issues.
* Build strong, professional client relationships.
* Team oriented
* Sound decision making skills
* Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
* Excellent time management and ability to prioritize work based on business and client needs.
* Ability to make commitments, track and communicate progress, and follow through until completion.
* Results oriented
* Physical Activity: Walking, sitting, standing, kneeling, crouching, lifting, PC work, repetitive motions, feeling, grasping, pulling, pushing, and hearing.
* Level of Physical Requirements: Light to medium work.
* Level of Visual Acuity: Clerical, professional, administrative.
* Environmental Conditions: Inside environmental conditions (office, labs, hospitals, facilities) which consist of noise, and hazards.
* Required to travel by airplane and automobile for meetings and training as necessary.
Interaction with Other Employees:
* Interactions will consist of face-to-face meetings, telephone, email, Web X meetings and presentations, as well as other electronic means as necessary with sales, service/support personnel, operations, finance, management, cross-divisional personnel, and vendor representatives.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
* Demonstrated success in a Customer facing position
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.