Role Summary:You will lead global service support for customers and Field Service Engineers and provide support to customer projects through strong understanding and experience of network and SQL database administration. Additionally, you will: Lead NPI projects to define & set standards for networking requirements, support control systems & programming for customer-related projects & system maintenance; meet the service needs of the customer; and drive high customer satisfaction through service excellence.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Providing networking and SQL database administration support to Global regional Field Service Engineers through remote and on-site activities
* Installing, supporting and administering: Network and SQL databases, Unicorn, Wave/Xuri, software eLicensing and APM/Predix
* Identifying areas where development of local expertise is needed and recommending and providing training to Field Service Engineers
* Defining installation and debugging manuals for the field engineers
* Ensuring all quality issues are escalated to management and documented and managed through case management pathway
* Acting as key contact for Field Service Engineers for defined product range
* Providing advice to global team on NPIs to ensure continuous development of product quality and serviceability
* Providing customers with advice on the use and care of their software and equipment, maintaining a high level of technical and professional customer management skills
* Maintaining on-going communication with Fields Service Engineers and customers and ensuring strong support for the Commercial team
* Supporting Cases in ServiceMax and Case Management
* Maintaining a positive and collaborative working relationship with other Service Engineers and Field service staff and the sales teams to ensure the customer needs are understood and met
Quality Specific Goals:
* Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
* Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
* Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
* Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization
* Ensure timely dispatch closure (if applicable)
* Identify and report any unsafe workplace conditions or unsafe acts to the EHS Organization.
* Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI's) within prescribed timeframe (if applicable)
* Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
* Maintain tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or related technological field
* 5+ years of relevant recent experience in networking administration or a related field
* Strong understanding of and experience with networking and SQL database administration and SQL database queries
* Experience with operating systems (Windows Server 2003/2008), AutoCAD, MS project, Visio and MS office Suite
* Knowledge of networking & firewalls (understand our customer IT needs and work with them to come up with a suitable solution)
* Knowledge of Switches, routers and remote connectivity (config and secure connection to the outside world)
* Knowledge of OPC Servers, OPC Data (UA & DA), OPC Bridge & Tunnellers
* Knowledge of DCOM and Data Servers
* Familiar with Servers and general expertise of Windows OS/Linux
* Familiar with VM's
* Demonstrated ability to handle and resolve difficult technical issues and expert level knowledge in
* applicable systems
* Demonstrated ability to train and mentor peers with an ability to stay calm in pressurized situations and coach people through solving problems
* Strong customer-service skills and an ability to work professionally with internal and external customers and employees at all levels of the organization
* Strong written and verbal and communication and presentation skills that can effectively communicate with a diverse workforce; ability to effectively communicate over the phone
* Willing to work on extended assignments and available for irregular working hours while in project go-live phase
* Outstanding organizational and administrative skills
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time based on business need
* 7+ years of experience with the repair and maintenance of systems
* Knowledge of and experience in the healthcare and/or life science industry or service business and customer base
* Experience authoring/reviewing standard operating procedures / on-the-job-trainings / other
* controlled documents & demonstrated ability to service systems following industry standards (NFPA, CE Marking)
* Prior project or technical leadership experience
* Ability to drive improvements in efficiency
About Us:GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with
cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare - Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare - Life Sciences
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.Additional Locations:United States;Massachusetts;Marlborough;
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.