Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
We're changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking for talented engineers to join the Platform team and help us take it to the next level. Amobee's Platform team develops all distributed and big data systems and applications to efficiently run Amobee's online advertisement, data management, and analytics platforms.
Are you passionate about designing and building scaled, distributed services with low latency messaging and high availability/fault tolerance? Do you think processing 200 billion requests in under 10ms every day with 1500 servers is an interesting challenge? Are you ready to join a world-class, highly cooperative engineering team? If your answers are yes, then you are the person we're looking for.
The Lead/Senior Engineer position in Amobee's Distributed Systems team is a combined technical leadership (for Lead position) and hands-on development role that contributes to Amobee's success through expertise in large-scale distributed systems. You will leverage matured existing systems to help design and create the next generation service architecture. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, distributed computing, high availability, software development process and best practices.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
* Collaborate in design and build of our next-generation service oriented architecture stack that will power all services in our ecosystem.
* Design and implement features evolving our online advertising and data management product offerings.
* Scale up and tune our ad serving pipeline. Challenges come in the form of concurrency, data scale, and computational efficiency.
* Develop instrumentation/profiling tools and systems.
* Expand product features into new media channels (display, mobile, video, social, etc.)
* (Occasionally) troubleshoot production issues.
* Must be hard working, team oriented, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver. And nice - we only seek nice people.
* Experience with Java or C++ a must.
* 3-5+ years of relevant experience.
* A degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related engineering field. MS/PhD preferred.
* Experience with technical leadership (for Lead role) and collaborating to see them to completion.
* Experience with large scale distributed systems a must.
* Solid understanding and working knowledge of Unix operating systems, networking, and scaling techniques.
* Proven skills in load analysis, performance tuning, monitoring and measuring.
* Experience with related open source technologies such as Zookeeper, Kafka, Docker, Netty, Finagle, RocksDB, Helix, etc. a plus.
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
Amobee is a mobile advertising platform offering end-to-end mobile advertising solutions and services for advertisers andpublishers.