The Lead Scrum Master has primary responsibility of facilitating the learning and growth of one or more Agile teams in developing a lean-Agile mindset, improving practices and guiding them to more predictable delivery. The Lead Scrum Master plays a role in facilitating Agile ceremonies and planning of releases, removing impediments, providing guidance, and supporting up to 4 Agile teams. The lead will also help mentor team Scrum Master's.
Backlog Management Practices
* Works with Product Owners and team members to learn and practice healthy backlog management and prioritization practices
* Facilitates the execution and improvement of backlog refinement
* Prepares for and facilitates release planning with teams
* Assists in dependency management and cross team coordination
Agile Ceremony Facilitation
* Facilitates continuous improvement and the development of a learning culture on teams
* Facilitates ceremonies, collaboration, communication, and conflict management
* Teaches new team members Agile mindset and frameworks, practices, and process
* Influences the organization in the removal of organizational impediments and development of healthy Agile practices
* Mentors Product Owners and team members in agile practices and continuous improvement
Delivery Team Support
* Removes impediments to the team's ability to perform
* Acts as a buffer between external distractions to minimize disruptions
* Assists in the coordination of operational issue resolution
* Facilitates team development, mediates conflicts protecting the team and encourages healthy team dynamics.
* Fosters team responsibility, self-accountability, transparency and self-organization
* Leverages coaching skills to help the team learn to solve its own problems
Advice and Guidance
* Introduces and encourages team to explore healthy Agile (XP) development practices, focus on quality and technical excellence, predictable delivery, automation, and continuous delivery
* Teaches and encourages a balanced backlog that delivers valuable features for customers, reduces technical debt, provides business value, and enables product sustainability
* Helps the team to develop, capture, and analyze metrics to facilitate team improvements
* Promotes transparency through healthy communications and data integrity
* Continuously seek to improve solution development processes and/or develops new approaches to achieving improvement consistent across the organization.
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific specialisms, and provides expert advice regarding their application.
* Supervise specialist consultancy.
* Enable stakeholder engagement/ communications plans, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and dissemination of relevant information.
* Use feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
* Help develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
* Plan the delivery of leaning activities, based on learning objectives.
* Customize formal and informal learning activities, incorporating relevant scenarios and case studies.
* Design appropriate environments, and deliver learning activities to specialist audiences.
* Advice/coach others in learning delivery techniques and options.
What We Look For:
* Bachelor's degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
* Working experience related industry
* At least 7-10 years working experience as a Senior Scrum Master
* Working experience in one or more of the following Agile methods or frameworks: Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), or Kanban
* Working experience with Agile scaling frameworks, preferably SAFe
* Scrum Master certification or equivalent certified professional (Desired for lower level - required for higher)