The Lead Scrum Master has primary responsibility of facilitating the learning and growth of one or more Agile teams in developing a lean-Agile mindset, improving practices and guiding them to more predictable delivery. The Lead Scrum Master plays a role in facilitating Agile ceremonies and planning of releases, removing impediments, providing guidance, and supporting up to 4 Agile teams. The lead will also help mentor team Scrum Master's.
Backlog Management Practices
* Works with Product Owners and team members to learn and practice healthy backlog management and prioritization practices
* Facilitates the execution and improvement of backlog refinement
* Prepares for and facilitates release planning with teams
* Assists in dependency management and cross team coordination
Agile Ceremony Facilitation
* Facilitates continuous improvement and the development of a learning culture on teams
* Facilitates ceremonies, collaboration, communication, and conflict management
* Teaches new team members Agile mindset and frameworks, practices, and process
* Influences the organization in the removal of organizational impediments and development of healthy Agile practices
* Mentors Product Owners and team members in agile practices and continuous improvement
Delivery Team Support
* Removes impediments to the team's ability to perform
* Acts as a buffer between external distractions to minimize disruptions
* Assists in the coordination of operational issue resolution
* Facilitates team development, mediates conflicts protecting the team and encourages healthy team dynamics.
* Fosters team responsibility, self-accountability, transparency and self-organization
* Leverages coaching skills to help the team learn to solve its own problems
Advice and Guidance
* Introduces and encourages team to explore healthy Agile (XP) development practices, focus on quality and technical excellence, predictable delivery, automation, and continuous delivery
* Teaches and encourages a balanced backlog that delivers valuable features for customers, reduces technical debt, provides business value, and enables product sustainability
* Helps the team to develop, capture, and analyze metrics to facilitate team improvements
* Promotes transparency through healthy communications and data integrity
* Continuously seek to improve solution development processes and/or develops new approaches to achieving improvement consistent across the organization.
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific specialisms, and provides expert advice regarding their application.
* Supervise specialist consultancy.
* Enable stakeholder engagement/ communications plans, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and dissemination of relevant information.
* Use feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
* Help develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
* Plan the delivery of leaning activities, based on learning objectives.
* Customize formal and informal learning activities, incorporating relevant scenarios and case studies.
* Design appropriate environments, and deliver learning activities to specialist audiences.
* Advice/coach others in learning delivery techniques and options.
What We Look For:
* Bachelor's degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
* Working experience related industry
* At least 7-10 years working experience as a Senior Scrum Master
* Working experience in one or more of the following Agile methods or frameworks: Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), or Kanban
* Working experience with Agile scaling frameworks, preferably SAFe
* Scrum Master certification or equivalent certified professional (Desired for lower level - required for higher)
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company's 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.