Lead Salesforce Administrator
Location: Dallas, TX/ Auburn Hill, MI/ San Jose, CA
The Principal Engineer will deliver technology solutions leveraging strong technical experience to architect, engineer and provide guidance in delivery of key Salesforce.com related initiatives.
Successful incumbents have excellent customer service skills, have strong inter-personal and communication skills, strong attention to detail, drive for results, decision quality, dealing with ambiguity, and ability to multi-task and have strong organizational skills.
Design & Methodology:
* Investigate & propose a strategic fit solution across server platform infrastructures.
* Work closely with Business Units, Application teams, infrastructure areas & Vendors to identity, review & evaluate the solution requirements.
* Investigate & propose strategic fits for Virtualization, Consolidation & Rationalization solution opportunities within the infrastructure or business. Propose changes to the technical architecture & design solutions as applicable.
* Review & provide recommendation/input if/as applicable on new technologies/roadmap/presentations and Vendor product offerings specific to "System " Server, System Software technologies & Solutions & products.
* Review & Identify Outsourcing Opportunities (e.g. ASP, IAAS, SAAS)
* Evaluate & align strategic fit solutions across infrastructure platforms & solutions specific to "System " hardware & software technologies.
* Understand, participate, review & influence long term capacity planning & technology investments.
* Provide Client consulting & planning guidance as applicable for moderate to large highly complex projects/programs.
* Provide consultation & works closely with other functional infrastructure areas/departments on multiple initiatives to meet common organizational / business goals & objectives.
* Participate in and provides consulting & planning guidance on short term & long term planning in order to meet ongoing business & operational needs.
* Participate in and provides consulting to project teams on architectural, design development, integration opportunities, planning of highly complex systems & assures it is aligned to our established strategies, guiding principles, rationales & practices.
* Develop & provide estimates for projects/programs & initiatives during consulting, planning & implementation review if/as applicable for projects & initiatives.
Planning & Organizing:
* Identify & evaluate projects/programs/initiatives & design processes that enhance & rationalize existing and upcoming solutions.
* Map requirements into standard services solution, identity opportunities for integrating to existing or reuse technology & provide cost effective solutions for moderate to large highly complex project/programs/initiatives.
* Review and propose alternate solutions to non-standard solutions if/as applicable to meet business & applications needs.
* Review, identify & manage requirements for moderate to complex solutions and do a cost value, feasibility and risk analysis as appropriate.
* Assist & provide guidance on complex/ large project/program planning phases & process. Direct and/or indirect management responsibility for large to enterprise size projects /programs/initiatives/services with high complexity across multiple functional area(s).
* Participate in CAB/ECAB and active assess risk of proposed changes.
* Review, participate, develop (if/as applicable) & update architectural standards, guiding principles, rationales & strategies.
* Evaluate, review & approve highly complex design solutions for business & Infrastructure project or programs or initiatives.
* Keep management informed of status of on activities through accurate, timely, and appropriate reporting.
* Actively participates in committees representing the department and/or planning unit.
* Keep abreast of leading edge technologies in engineering space.
* Estimating cost saving targets.
* Budget low cost hosting provider
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or High School Diploma or GED and 9 years of technology experience
* 8 years Technology project management experience complex, critical projects
* 8 years in identifying technical solutions for complex business problems, identifying the benefits and risks of the solutions and providing recommendations
* 8 years negotiating complex solutions
* 8 years designing complex solutions
* 5 years of mentoring another technologists
* 3 years of experience working as a developer or administrator in Salesforce.com
* 2-4 years of Advanced SFDC Configuration and VisualForce Page development (including workflow creation)
* 1 year working with SFDC governor limits and best practice guidelines
* Completion of 2 or more Salesforce integration and extension projects in development and lead technical roles
* 1 year of experience designing and developing integrations from Salesforce.com to upstream and downstream applications using Force.com API
* 1 year of experience working with master data management in Force.com