We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies. This role will be in our newly launched STUDIO 55 in the heart of beautiful downtown Pasadena. Take a peek into our awesome environment here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j1SnFm4l6c&sns=fb
As a Lead Release DevOps Engineer this person will provide valuable insights, management, and ensures that all products are released to production without adverse effect to clients while maintaining the technical integrity of applications. This individual will ensure release implementations are approved and that only correct, authorized, and tested code versions are installed in production environments.
The Lead Release DevOps Engineer will have the ability to troubleshoot and resolve failures to production code promotions, will support continuous improvement of the release management process to meet business needs, and will maintain current release management tools, documents, and reports in an agile scrum development environment. The ideal candidate would have technical leadership experience spanning multiple disciplines, including application development, infrastructure engineering and operations monitoring, configuration management, release management, release engineering, and ability to challenge, mentor, and lead others.
WHAT YOULL DO
* Provide technical leadership on release engineering topics in collaborative setting to local and remote teams.
* Develop, improve, and maintain application build and deployment pipelines
* Develop, improve, and support cloud instance and integration with AWS
* Develop, improve, and maintain resilient, scalable, elastic runtime environments
* Architect and build continuously integrated and continuously deployed software releases by using pipelines with Jenkins/Cloudbees Enterprise and customized by Groovy
* Standardize platform services/microservices into Pipelines
* Create and manage infrastructure as code using Docker, Puppet, GitHub, Bitbucket, Nexus, and Cloudbees
* Manage deployment templates and their releases
* Develop and extend build libraries
* Integrate test suites into build pipelines
* Work with architecture, development, product management, system engineering teams on broader DevOps initiatives
* Prepare and present DevOps project solutions
* Provide project and assignment status to management
* Communicate risks, status, and offer mitigation strategies to roadblocks to ensure commitment dates are met across applications and teams
* Demonstrate a technical aptitude to do a deep-dive into problem areas and contribute to redesigns that are faster, cleaner, and require less maintenance
* Ability to integrate quality testing into continuous integration
* 7+ years of experience working in Release Engineering
* 7+ years of experience with large commercial application delivery
* 7+ years of experience with application build & deploy pipelines
* 3+ years of experience with Docker and related virtualization technologies
* 2+ years of experience with Cloud Services - AWS
* 5+ years of experience in large scale, complex, diverse, hosted enterprise environments
* 3+ years of experience with managing infrastructure as code using Docker, Puppet, Ansible, GitHub, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Nexus, and Cloudbees
* Proficient with Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems
HOW YOU'LL STAND OUT
* Exposure to application analytics tools such as Splunk and Google Analytics is a plus
* Experience with automation tools such as Selenium is a plus
* Knowledge of Oracle, Mongo and other Database runtime environments is a plus
* Good understanding of Agile / Scrum development and continuous integration
* Experience in financial or tax industry experience is a plus
* 3+ years of experience working in Agile Scrum software development environment
* Experience in office and collaboration tools (SharePoint, Rally, Confluence, Trello) is a plus
* Experience leading people and managing team workloads is a plus
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with other teams
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
ADP (Automatic Data Processing) is a company providing business process outsourcing services.