About Foundation Medicine:
Foundation Medicine began with an idea, to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Reporting to the Manager of Quality Engineering, you will lead a team of functional testers and automation engineers to drive the System Integration Testing for Foundation Medicine's new product offerings.
You will be working with the test leads from different scrum teams, business units and various stakeholders to create test plans, test cases and execute test cases. Responsible for gathering enterprise level test requirements, maintaining test schedules, test environments, creating application dependencies, strategizing/maintaining test data and perform all tasks needed for Integration Testing of the System. You will be working closely with the Program Manager identifying risks and managing the defect lifecycle during System Integration testing. Additionally, you will be working with the DevOps team to strategically include automated tests and testing infrastructure into DevOps pipeline. Activities will include working with the cloud team to maintain best practices, integrating continuous automated testing, the instantiation of automation scripts, and ensuring high quality software, and working with product teams to promote Quality Engineering principles. This function is of extreme importance in the community we serve as more efficient tools and a quicker turnaround time on results can drastically impact a patient's treatment. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will thrive working within a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere.
* Strategizing and executing End to End System Integration Testing for complex initiatives, programs and projects.
* Writing and reviewing test strategies, test plans and test cases based on the agile stories and/or product requirements.
* Leading a team of cross functional testers for completing the end to end system integration testing.
* Perform gap analysis of current state of testing processes /test infrastructure and strategizing future state with concrete plan with milestones.
* Evangelize, strategize, introduce and implement test processes and automation to support integration, web service and GUI testing across System integration components to be first class DevOps citizens.
* Writing functional and automated tests and test harnesses application and services under test.
* Interact and collaborate directly with software developers, business stakeholders, product managers, and business analysts to ensure proper development and quality of FMI applications and products.
* Interact with SDETs, QA members and FMI technical leaders to understand systems and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective testing.
* Evangelize software testing best practices and influence architecture and design decisions.
* Participate in efforts to share FMI testing technology and expertise within the company.
* Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, or equivalent preferred.
* 4+ years of experience as a Lead QA or Principal QA.
* 7+ years of experience as a software tester or developer.
* Strong knowledge of Software Development and Testing Life Cycles.
* Strong experience working with SDLC frameworks like: SCRUM, Kanban, Agile.
* In-depth understanding of industry-leading QA tools, techniques, and platforms.
* Ability to use tools and/or scripts to design, implement, and document automated test systems.
* Strong Experience working in a regulated environment (SOX, HIPAA, CLIA, FDA).
* Strong Experience working in distributed SOA environments including REST services.
* Strong Experience in querying complex schemas and relational databases.
* Experience in Selenium web driver, Selenium Grid and test automation frameworks.
* Experience in testing applications on Cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS) a plus.
* Experience working in a within a DevOps model and continuous delivery model.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.