Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Lead Project Manager in our Emergency Cardiovascular Care department based out of our National Center office located in Dallas, TX!
This individual will be responsible for leading the successful completion of assigned complex or cross business unit projects by guiding project initiation, planning, execution, reporting, evaluation and delivery of outcomes. Responsible for overseeing a portfolio of projects including improving processes, developing reporting, and ensuring adherence to best practices. Responsible for delivering innovative products or programs on time, to the specified cost, quality and performance.
* Identifies and documents project scope, schedule, budget and deliverables. Develops processes (RACI's, work breakdown structures), change requests, reports, and tracking. Analyzes project progress and adjusts workflow and assignments accordingly
* Leads process improvements in the PMO by implementing and updating methodologies and best practices where appropriate. Gathers all project plans and maintains updates and reporting from PPM Pro project management application. Identifies gaps in assignments, project scope, timelines and deliverables. Communicates and mitigates concerns or issues with completed project plans
* Fosters cross-departmental collaboration and communication between team members and impacted departments. Communicates regularly with internal staff, management, volunteers, and consultants for assigned projects to advance and execute the plan. Facilitates meetings
* Conducts formal portfolio management review of all Projects assessing risk to timeline, budget, quality, and customer satisfaction. Prioritizes assigned work, identifies and avoids resource collisions while managing multiple projects simultaneously. Drives accountability to the program plan(s)
* Forecasts future trends for projects to inform resource planning function. Identifies issues and provides options and solutions for identified risks and issues
* Develops and maintains a dashboard and reporting structure to be conveyed internally to key stakeholders and to sponsors. Works closely with departmental leads to ensure projects meet deadlines
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology or related area
* Four (4) years of project management experience in product or program development
* Three (3) years of experience leading project teams
* Comprehensive business analysis and trend analytics skills
* Comprehensive knowledge and skill in use of Project Management applications such as PPM Pro, MS Project, or related software
* Ability to lead and influence without authority
* Comprehensive skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio or related workflow software
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to communicate and build relationships across all levels and functions
* Must be able to travel up to 15%
* PMP Certification
* Knowledge of PMBOX processes and procedures
* Master's degree (MBA)
Click on "Apply for this job online" to submit your online application or "Log back in!" if you are a returning applicant. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities with the American Heart Association
Be sure to follow us on Twitter to see what it is like to work for the American Heart Association and why so many people enjoy #TheAHALife
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities