Are you a dynamic Lead/Principal Network Engineer and networking thought leader passionate about technology? Join VectorUSA's growing technical team as a Lead Network Engineer, where you will be responsible for architecting and implementing data center infrastructure solutions that support VectorUSA and our customer's business operations. You will join a growing, dedicated team of thought leaders who love cutting-edge networking and its real-world applications. A successful candidate will have a portfolio of successful implementations to share during consideration, be self-disciplined, work well on individual tasks in a team environment, and be able to work well and communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in mission critical environments.
The Skills You Will Gain:
* Experience engineering and implementing cutting-edge, data center
* Close collaboration with solution architects and pre-sales engineers.
* Financial assistance to achieve cutting-edge certifications in line with VectorUSA's business imperatives.
How Far You Can Go:
* Opportunity to be a subject matter expert and be a thought leader within the organization
* Fame, Fortune, Glory… The sky is the limit!!!
What Your Typical Day Will Be:
* You will implement DCI using technologies such as VXLAN and SD-WAN from vendors such as Cisco, HPE and Arisa.
* You will build project plans, effort estimates and itemized deliverables for hyperconverged (HCI) and data center infrastructure (DCI) projects, working closely with the Program and Project Management teams to ensure customer satisfaction and technical success.
* You will provide consulting services for clients that require CIO-level leadership on all aspects of network and server infrastructure.
* You will mentor other engineers, nurturing their professional development and helping to build the next generation of Solutions Architects who understand the business outcomes that necessitate the technologies we implement.
* Diagnosing and correcting technical problems with HCI and DCI.
* Participate in an on-call schedule.
* Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring to the Table:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or equivalent corporate or military training.
* A minimum of three (3) years of full-time experience performing installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and error correction on a variety of network, LAN, WAN and WLAN technologies, including but not limited to firewalls, routers, switches, wireless controllers, wireless access points and end-device network clients.
* Substantial experience in mid to large datacenter environments, including at minimum:
* Specific accomplishments building L3 underlay networks and VXLAN overlay networks.
* Confidence with software-defined networks, e.g. Cisco ACI and/or VMware NSX
* Success implementing at least one of the following major hyper-converged platforms, such as Cisco HyperFlex, HPE Simplivity, and/or VMware VSAN.
* Confidence implementing and troubleshooting VMware hosts, clusters and resource pools.
* Exposure to multi-cloud solutions in hybrid cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
* Proven track record leveraging Python scripting and orchestration frameworks (Ansible, Chef, or Puppet) to automate deployments.
* Experience building project plans and itemized deliverables for proposals for data center infrastructure projects.
* Experience performing Core (L3) switch migrations.
* Advanced working knowledge in BGP and OSPF with route redistribution and policy-based routing.
* Firewall background experience in Fortinet and/or Palo Alto that includes:
* HA design/implementation
* Identity based policies
* SSL-VPN, IPsec Ikev1-2, GRE tunneling
* Captive portal and endpoint protection
* Advanced troubleshooting skills. Be able to mentor others and serve as a point of escalation during any critical support assistance incident.
* Desire to learn and be up-to date in new networking technologies.
* Ability to document all work actions as required by VectorUSA and clients in accordance with standard policies and procedures.
* Strong communication skills in the English language, with the ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations.
* Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills
* High level of professionalism, particularly working with and assisting clients with technical questions and issues
* Ability to produce and maintain documentation of information security systems using a variety of tools (i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal or no supervision and frequent travel
* Must meet all requirements to obtain a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC).
* CCNP Data Center or better
* Any type of security certification is helpful, but we prefer:
* Palo Alto Networking: ACN or ACE (need clarification)
* Fortinet NSE 4
* CCIE Data Center - Route/Switch is inadequate for this role
* The following CCNP Data Center exams
* All of 300-165, 300-170, 300-175
* 300-160 or 300-180
* VMware VCAP6-DCV or later
* VMware VCIX6-DCV or later
* HPE Systems Engineering and/or Architecture
* Other Fortinet NSE certifications
* Other VMware certifications