What you'll be doing...
This position is responsible for managing the Finance Hyperion production environment, which includes Essbase administration, master data management, change control oversight, table maintenance, month-end data processing, planning and reporting applications, and end user support.
The position will lead a team to support the production processes, as well as be required to personally perform tasks as needed. The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, be detailed oriented, understand and follow standard production processes, and be able to communicate with the business and IT to ensure the Hyperion system supports the business' reporting needs.
* Manage the monthly Financial Reporting Change Control processes by ensuring standard change management processes are followed.
* Gather, evaluate & document change requests and determine impacts to Hyperion, Planning and Management reports.
* Review approved changes with Hyperion end-user stakeholders prior to implementation and answer any questions.
* Model and document approved changes into functional requirements to implement in the Hyperion environment (Essbase cubes, reference tables, data restatements, normalizations). Ensure consistency between the various Essbase cubes.
* Manage the change control validations and regression testing, and ensure that the validations are documented and align with audit procedures.
* Finalize the change control documentation and distribute to the Essbase end-user community, highlighting any changes that may impact the reported data or end-user Essbase reports.
* Coordinate with the FP&A Reporting team, PeopleSoft, and Hyperion IT to manage Essbase mid-day refreshes during the Close (days 2-5) to support Sr Management meetings, or on-demand refreshes.
* Troubleshoot user upload issues by reviewing their files to ensure that they are loading to the proper members (valid key combinations). Create valid keys in the system if necessary, or provide guidance to users on how they should be loading their data.
* Manage the development of business processes and system enhancements as required to support the Hyperion production systems.
* Provide application support to end users as required. Ensure training opportunities are available for new users. Monitor the Essbase mailbox for any questions & follow-up as needed. Provide subject matter expertise to ensure that all systems development activities are in sync with the strategic vision and corporate initiatives.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience managing OLAP and relational databases production processes.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Finance/Accounting, Business, MIS or a Computer Science degrees with relevant work experience in database systems (OLAP) or MBA.
* Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase and/or Planning (modeling Essbase cubes, building ad-hoc queries, report scripts, calc scripts, data load rules, etc.).
* Experience with Essbase Administration Services (EAS) or other Essbase outline maintenance tools (EPMA, DRM, Essbase Studio) .
* Knowledge of SQL (select statements & simple joins).
* Experience with coaching and developing technical team members.
* Balance of financial skills, database mining, change control process management, highly developed analytical skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize across multiple cross-functional teams.
* Experience with requirements gathering, integrative thinking, process definition, and deployment of business requirements to information systems. Familiarity with SDLC processes, including waterfall & agile.
* Experience with Microsoft Access, including creating tables, building queries, developing forms, designing reports, and managing automation through VBA.
* Knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Visio and MS Project experience.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.