The Lead Lab Computing Analyst provides scientific and laboratory services, including multivendor instrument, information technology and validation/compliance services when applicable.
This role works seamlessly with and supports the other internal practices and divisions within the lab computing environment.
Core Job Duties:
* Consult with application vendor to establish where certain data and metadata objects are stored (main data, audit trail, methods, reports, templates, etc.)
* Work with vendors to resolve in application issues/deficiencies that are IT related, such as backup mechanisms, instrument communications, in application failures, conflicts with Antivirus, group policies, etc.
* Setup proper backup strategies for the data objects identified, including the development and deployment of OpenLab ECM archive configuration for specific lab instrument applications.
* Use various IT tools such as windows permissions, active directory, and group policies and adhere to data integrity TO SOP-0484. If it is not possible, identify those risks and report to project team.
* First time provisioning of a new computer setup including joining to domain. Subsequent support provisioning will be performed by the Customer 'Site IT' team at the applicable sites.
* Build and deploy computers for instruments and set up on the Network. Work with infrastructure teams that build server architecture for client/server applications.
* Installations/re-installation of applications on client/server applications or in break/fix situations where vendor allows.
* Executing qualification and validation protocols on networks servers and support systems.
* Provide all content for Installation Qualification and System Design/Configuration Specifications (SDCS).
* Provide content for Function Requirement Specification (FRS)
* Ensure disaster recovery process is documented within combination of SDCS, System Admin SOP and Operation and Maintenance SOP (O&M).
* Author System Admin SOP
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
* Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Life Science or equivalent industry experience
* 2+ years of relevant technical experience including (but not limited to); Windows technologies, networking, remote computing and backup systems
* Experience with virtual machine support
* Experience with scientific instrumentation
* Experience with validation tasks and technical writing
* Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
* Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
* Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or customer's site safety code.
Type: Direct Location: Cambridge, MA, USA