What you'll be doing...
You will engineer and deliver end-to-end application solutions including systems and software architecture for our domain services applications maintaining wireless devices and supporting new product launches. You will design and develop systems, software, and database applications; data and database modeling; business continuity, integration with third party tools and disaster recovery solutions; and technical analysis and recommendation on future directional solutions. You will regularly lead projects including planning, sizing, configuring and scheduling. You will develop resolutions to complex problems and make decisions that impact projects & staff members.
* Design, architect and create solutions using Java/J2EE, Springboot, Microservices and Cassandra NSQL Database.
* Responsible for critical decisions on what technology, solution approach we take for the Verizon Wireless Customer Experience Platform enhancements and re-architecting initiatives across key assets and applications.
* Resource will partner with business on regular basis to drive these decisions in context of business requirements.
* Provide E2E architecture for complex re-architecting projects in the domain services platform.
* Analyze the existing systems architecture and designing a new architecture that is cloud friendly, based upon micro-services and utilize open source stack where applicable.
* Responsible for a holistic design that incorporates various factors like scaling, resiliency, CI/CD, monitoring, load balancing and other key aspects of micro-services architecture.
* Analysis and design for the products and services in the Wireless business to fulfill the needs of strategic initiatives
* Lead and guide a team of 4 - 5 junior developers to review their implementation and design
* Understand the business needs and make critical design decisions and implement the same with other team members.
* Participate in day to day activities involving design, development, test support, deployment and production monitoring and support for Order Management platform
* Communicate with external teams including business clients on various issues and resolutions thereof to provide best customer experience
* Participate in requirements gathering and create design documents.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of equivalent experience.
* Six years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in DevOps open source tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Maven, Git/Stash and/or Bitbucket.
* Experience developing applications using Java, J2EE and Spring.
* Experience with Various J2EE application servers like WebSphere, Tomcat and/or SpringBoot.
* Experience in UNIX environment and related UNIX utilities including shell scripts, CRON.
* Experience handling complete product releases from development, integration, testing, to production.
* Experience with Agile development and must have knowledge of XML schemas.
* Experience with NoSQL technology.
* Database tools SQL Developer or Toad, SoapUI, XML Spy.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience with Cloud Applications - Public or Private Cloud, AWS cloud services - Preferably AWS certified.
* Experience in architecting and creating Cassandra No SQL Database. Data modeling in Cassandra.
* Experience with CQL and Cassandra Java / Scala drivers.
* Experience in monitoring and managing Tomcat/ Websphere applications.
* Knowledge of production operations including backup and recovery, security, maintenance and tuning.
* Experience in data migration from RDBMS to Cassandra.
* Experience troubleshooting the Cassandra environment in a high volume production environment.
* Problem-solving skills to develop quickly yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
* Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams including offshore resources.
* Good Communication & stakeholder management skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and project management skills with the proven ability to work effectively across other organizations.
* Experience with presenting information to executive leadership.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.