What you'll be doing...
You will lead the development and support architecture of the Service Assurance platforms for our Verizon Business Group.
You will envision and implement the future state of the mission critical platform while maintaining and improving on current operational/functional KPIs. You will develop software applications using Java/J2EE, Servlets, Hibernate, and C/C++ programming on UNIX and Linux platforms
* Perform analysis, write program specifications and develop designs.
* Utilize emerging technologies to deliver solutions that streamline process workflows/customer journeys and improve internal and external customer experience.
* Partner with the business teams to achieve their business goals using software solutions.
* Lead projects, performing project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuration and scheduling.
* Evaluate technology/architecture options for meeting user needs and ensure that system requirements are identified, prioritized and incorporated into effective efficient solutions.
* Troubleshoot complex development and production problems and provide technical solutions with short turn-around.
* Perform proof-of-concepts for validating new technology or approach.
* Perform agile software delivery process using
* JIRA (including breaking down work into modular tasks, updating/tracking task status/work log entries for sprint management).
* Source code management including branching strategy, code review.
* JENKINS (automated builds, automated unit test cases, sonar-cube analysis).
* Collaborate with development team in Verizon as well as from vendors across geographical locations, driving the architecture directions in an agile framework structure, and develop innovations for the business.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Software development experience with Java on application servers like WebLogic or Web containers like Tomcat; utilize XML, JSON, Web Services, Web applications, PL/SQL, packages, procedures and functions.
* Full stack development experience and Design and develop 2/3-tier application with Oracle RDBMS.
* Experience using agile development methods.
Even better if you have:
* A degree or master's degree in engineering, computer science or similar.
* Experience architecting systems with Microservices.
* Experience handling complete product releases from development, integration, testing, to production.
* Development experience using cloud computing platforms (OCI/AWS).
* Experience with DevOps tools.
* Experience with Emerging technologies - Chatbots, RPA, AI/ML.
* Experience in No SQL technology.
* Experience with Business Process Management (JBPM or other).
* Experience with Kubernetes/Docker.
* Experience in telecom domain.
* Experience in service assurance, ticketing application development.
* Working knowledge of ITIL fundamentals.
* Technical Leadership and Excellent communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.