The Lead ITAM Analyst in Information Technology oversees all aspects of the IT Asset Management lifecycle and is directly responsible for the most complex vendors, including software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning, costing, and budgeting, while building strong relationships with assigned vendors. This role is the point person for all communication, both internal and external, and all activities associated with their assigned contracts and products. This role is a subject-matter expert and mentors and coaches junior team members.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Facilitate the business' needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade protection renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration for assigned vendors.
* Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services. Follow through with vendors and IT software owners to obtain identified savings.
* Manage complex contracts and relationships to maximize value creation and costs for software licensing, maintenance, and service offerings, including establishment and tracking of vendor SLAs.
* Facilitate conversations on budgeting, software compliance, contracts and agreements, and cost comparisons.
* Assist with contract reviews from an IT risk perspective
* Enter and maintain information in a database format to address budgeting, software compliance, contracts, and cost.
* Lead reporting, including scorecarding, to address management requirements to obtain information.
* Respond to requests from users, managers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data information.
* Make recommendations for ITAM policies, processes, and procedures for effective software lifecycle management.
* Audit and monitor purchased entitlements, including license usage, to ensure compliance and gather information as needed.
* Perform all maintenance renewals, including PO creation and receiving, and ensure proper amortization rules are communicated to finance.
* Annually provide appropriate budget information for assigned contracts, manage renewals to budget.
* Facilitate conversations between management and vendors around purchases, roadmaps, security concerns, renewals, contracts and agreements.
* Respond to out of compliance conditions with the utmost of urgency.
* 5 years' experience in Asset Management
Other Required Qualifications
* Data analysis skills including: excel knowledge, research work, analyzing reports, data reconciliation
* Ability to work independently
* Strong attention to detail, high attention to detail, detail is your middle name
* Demonstrated organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders and leadership
* Clear understanding of software entitlements
* Bachelor's degree in IT, Finance, Accounting, or Business
* Knowledge of Finance Accounting principles
* Experience with a SAM tool suite and/or asset discovery toolset
* Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
CDW is a company providing integrated information technology (IT) solutions to business, government, education, and healthcare customers.