Provide general IT/user support on all installed Houlihan Lokey applications, operating systems and hardware, both in person and over the phone. Primary duties will focus on support for the general IT Helpdesk located in the New York office, servicing all Houlihan Lokey locations.
* Answer the IT Hotline phone & E-mail providing support for all offices with a focused local support of the East Coast Offices. Position will be called upon to troubleshoot hardware and software questions regarding Houlihan Lokey systems.
* Provide support to remote users on connectivity issues arising from the use Palo Alto VPN and Citrix Receiver/Workspace.
* Install and configure hardware including Dell workstations, Lenovo laptops, HP LaserJet printers, networked copiers, mobile devices (including iPhones, iPads, and Android devices), Wi-Fi & WWAN cards, LCD projectors, Bloomberg Terminals, and other computer/network peripherals.
* Install and configure operating system and application software including standard Houlihan Lokey software such as Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Outlook 2016 in an Exchange 2016 environment, Citrix Receiver/Workspace clients, Adobe products and Capital IQ financial information software as well as special non-standard applications and custom applications created specifically for Houlihan Lokey.
* Provide general user support on all installed Houlihan Lokey applications, operating systems, and hardware both in person and over the phone.
* Assist with management of IT resources including workstations, laptops, projectors and their inventory.
* Carry out basic Citrix administration using the Citrix Management Console, including disconnecting sessions, observing server load, and shadowing user sessions.
* Carry out basic Windows 7/10 & Windows Server 2016 network administration including administering user passwords, account lockouts, computer naming, troubleshooting network print devices, including network-attached copiers.
* Assist with the configuration and administration of Windows 7/10 workstations, including their peripheral devices such as multiple monitors, docking stations, keyboards, mice, and other USB connected devices.
* Provide local hands-on assistance with user moves, including the relocation of computers, laptops, monitors, phones and headset devices as needed.
* Provide end-user support for wireless connections involving Wi-Fi or wireless WAN network cards.
* Act as a local contact for technical based vendors, coordinating printer and other on-site repairs of end-user equipment.
* Other duties may be assigned as needed by their manager.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four year college or university in a related discipline plus three or more years directly related to work experience; or six or more years directly related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must have strong communication skills, carry out duties with a minimum of direction and supervision and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Possess strong analytical skills and ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Employee must have a thorough understanding and hands-on knowledge of hardware and software installation and problem resolution.
* Previous work experience in a financial institution environment is highly desirable.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
About Houlihan Lokey
Houlihan Lokey is an investment bank specializing in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting.