Asana is seeking an experienced Lead Audio Visual Engineer to join our growing IT Team and oversee AV and event operations at our offices globally. Based in our San Francisco office, you will be primarily responsible for the design and implementation of our corporate office event spaces, conference rooms, and other office based AV.
You are someone who asks questions, is confident in not knowing everything, and would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. You are crisp and detail oriented, but able to work outside of the boundaries when necessary. On top of your proven history of success, you have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work and fun in equal measure.
What you'll achieve
* Coordinate the deployment, installation, and expansion of Asana's AV event, collaboration, and presentation spaces globally.
* Work with a cross-functional team of both internal and external stakeholders to design, setup, tune, configure, and test all AV deployments at Asana
* Lead all AV efforts and provide feedback on current systems, helping to evolve new designs that meet Asana's growing and changing needs
* Manage relationships with external vendors, including both sign off and handover duties between Asana and 3rd party AV integrators
* Manage all events and video production at Asana; including planning, scoping technical requirements, scripting, logistics and execution for large scale events and meetings
* Innovate to enhance user experience, while keeping Asana's AV systems reliable.
* Contribute to the growth of the organization by flagging potential operational issues and escalating them through the appropriate channels
* Create documentation for support and configuration for all of Asana's AV systems
* 7+ years relevant experience in experience in:
* Designing AV systems with video conferencing
* Broadcast AV, routing, and control systems
* LED/LCD Displays and projectors
* Custom AV environments.
* Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced high-growth environment
* Knowledge of event production and conferencing technology (Yamaha, Blackmagic ATEM, Panasonic, Zoom, BlueJeans, Ustream, Crestron, Symmetrix, Biamp, Dante, Chromebox for Meetings etc…)
* Working knowledge of presentation software and simple media editing software (Keynote, Powerpoint, Slides, Photoshop, iMovie etc..)
* Able to produce AV schematic drawings using CAD Software (AutoCad, Visio, Vectorworks etc…)
* The ability to work independently, prioritize, and successfully deliver and manage simultaneous projects.
* Excellent communication and documentation skills
* CTS or other relevant industry certifications
* Experience working in a fast-paced high growth environment.
* Experience with project management and issue tracking software
* Proficiency in Google Apps
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Asana is a company developing online task management software solutions that allow teams to assign tasks and deadlines, and to track the progress of their projects.