Michaels Stores, Inc.
A leader who is responsible for delivering value leveraging technology-enabled solutions as well as providing on-going enhancement and maintenance support for designated areas within a portfolio of Digital platforms. The portfolio will include Core Merchandising system capabilities such as Inventory, Purchase Orders and Item Setup, Space Planning and Merchandise Financial Planning Systems. He/she is flexible and resourceful, with a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality; not afraid to make mistakes quickly and course-correct. He/she must seek assistance from leadership when necessary but be willing to make independent decisions based on experience and knowledge of the facts. He/she should understand the importance of business partnerships and be willing to foster and support these relationships.
Leadership Area Management
* Provide thought leadership with business partners and IT teams to build, align and execute to the strategic and tactical goals for the designated functional areas in a portfolio
* Operate with a commitment to embracing emerging trends, operations and technologies that are applicable to the business
* Collaborate, influence and communicate with business on project/enhancement prioritization and delivery/support status
* Serves as an escalation point for incidents, problems, and service requests for designated areas in portfolio
* Coordinate and establish solution area(s), project schedules and release plans
* Provide input for the annual project area(s) roadmap, schedule and related budgets and forecasts
* Demonstrate leadership in the pursuit of excellence and continuous process improvement initiatives
* Enhance own and teams' working knowledge of the designated functional areas and applications/technologies
* Ensure associates roles and capabilities are optimally aligned to meet the support standards and/or business needs
* Adheres to department operations standards, follows the prescribed SDLC process and operational framework
* Participate in the recruiting, interviewing and selection process of newly hired associates
* Provide mentoring, coaching and development for associates; partner with HR in decisions on personnel actions
* Accountable for the delivery of new projects on time, within budget and with high quality within their designated areas of a portfolio.
* Develop and recommend solution options to meet business needs
* Assist to ensure projects are appropriately estimated, scheduled, planned and executed
* Determine, monitor and review project budgets, schedules and resource requirements
* Manage 3rd party service providers to ensure timely execution of project deliverables and quality
* Provide clear, concise and timely communication to project team members, stakeholders, senior management and other groups as appropriate.
* Coordinates issue/risk resolution between teams.
* Ensure projects follow Michaels defined project delivery methodology, architectural standards, processes and policies to ensure quality of solutions
* Ensures all provided technology services and solutions meet business needs for reliability, performance and security
Applications Support, Performance Measurement and Continuous Improvement
* Accountable for maintaining stable operations and executing within or exceeding SLAs for designated area(s) of applications
* Proactively monitor and provide input to Manager regarding outsourced partner(s) performance and escalate deficiencies.
* Work with the Support teams and Vendor's Support Manager to respond to escalated Incidents, Problems and Service Requests for application support
* Assist Manager with managing the business relationships and communications for assigned areas applications
* Implement the application lifecycle roadmap. Assist Manager in determining support/maintenance milestones for upgrades
* Manages technology upgrades, patches, or break fix
* Assist Manager in collaborating with key stakeholders to prioritize and schedule support requests and ensure timely and efficient closure of tickets
* Plan and manage execution of Peak Season support
* Facilitate incident, defect and enhancement review and prioritization discussions with the Infrastructure Support organization
* Measure support services performance against service levels using measurable KPIs
* Prepare management dashboard of the designated areas service performance
* Champion improvements of systems to solve problems, improve stability and drive down the costs
* Leverage support best practices and process frameworks, such as the ITIL, to drive continual process improvement
* Ensure adherence to quality standards
* Provide quality and testing support for all projects involving assigned applications
Performs other duties/functions as assigned. Only critical functions of this job are described above and may be subject to change at any time due to reassignment of duties and responsibilities, reasonable accommodation and/or other reasons
* BA or BS Degree, Computer Science
* Experience with Core Merchandising Systems
* Experience with Oracle RMS 12/Retek 6.6
* Experience with Space Planning, Merchandise Financial Planning systems
* Experience with Project Management
* 5+ years progressive work experience, within a retail environment
* 7+ plus year of technology experience, including troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis of complex IT solutions
* Experience with retail systems
* In-depth experience in incident, problem, change, availability, and event management processes and tools
* Strong working knowledge of IT operations and support organizations
* Excellent verbal and written communication to all levels in the organization
* Experience with broad range of core business technologies
* Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
* Team oriented with strong organizational skills
* Ability to drive change and build professional relationships
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and business expectations
About Michaels Stores, Inc.
The Michaels Companies is a company that owns and operates arts and crafts specialty retail stores.