What you'll be doing...
As our iOS Mobile Lead, you will serve as the liaison between the Visible application and relevant business communities including Product, Marketing and our Care Operations and foster strong relationships across all areas of the business. You will have a strong grasp of the business model of our customers and a thorough understanding of the priorities.
* Architect/Lead internal Visible team and Partners to build the UI / UX and wireframes for the new company website and new android mobile applications in an Agile / DevOps environment.
* Provide expert level proficiency and direction on below Tech stack:
* native iOS (Swift 4.1)
* Track progress of multiple project plans/sprints.
* Review project approach framework and designs with engineering staff and Product team, analyze the feasibility on the approach, and identify potential risks/issues.
* Work and Coordinate with Product and Partners to create Level of Effort (LoE) estimates for all projects.
* Work with Product manager and UX team to assist and drive the "best in class", intuitive, engaging and simple customer interaction for Mobile and Web
* Work with Product team to drive customer journey for mobile and web experience
* Participate in UX research and usability
* Communicate project progress, status, risks, issues etc. to all levels of Management (Engineering and non-Engineering), up to and including Director and VP level as warranted. This includes providing status on a recurring basis as well as for special circumstances such as production disruptions.
* Ensure projects follow operating practices for Visible and enhance the processes as needed.
* Ensure the quality of the project meets Quality Assurance (QA) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) guidelines.
* Manage projects within allotted Budgetary Provisions
* Provide inputs on Audit reporting
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Expert level IOS development experience across Objective C and Swift 4.1
* At least 6+ years mobile development experience
* Demonstrated success in architecting new applications
* Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals - object oriented design, data structures, algorithms, design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Even better if you have:
* Computer Science degree/Masters preferred
* Experience working with geographically distributed teams and partners, including managing dependencies from internal / external partners
* Proven track record of delivery
* Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Experience delivering mobile applications with support across a wide range of devices/hardware
* Experience with Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, XP), OO modeling, web services, unit testing, code review, source control (git, subversion), UNIX, middleware and databases
* Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
* Ability to effectively communicate with others, performs work in a team environment, and relay necessary information as appropriate.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.