Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
* Lead efforts to standardize and automate infrastructure security deployments and support * Develop tools and processes as needed to scale infrastructure security services, maintain knowledge of industry developments regarding automation, and knowledge of off-the-shelf products. * Act as an effective engineer for high-visibility projects
* Demonstrated ability to develop effective technical and support documentation for use by engineering and sustainment staff to include code/tool documentation, CI/CD test plans. * Ability to review operational metrics and make analytic decisions/recommendations about security optimization through automation. * Ability to engage in analytical troubleshooting and performance analysis work under operational deadlines * Ability to participate occasional off-hours work to support emergencies and projects * Deploy all hardware/software configurations following established standards in an automatable and auditable method.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar field, and 3 years of experience. Candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to apply advanced principles, theories and concepts comparable to those obtained with a Master's degree in a relevant field of study. Candidate should understand the missions, domains and challenges of MITRE customers. In addition, the candidate understands that he/she will be fully responsible for deliverables-including definition, completion, and technical quality, as well as assuring consistency across the responsibility span.
* Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and cross departmental teams * Provide mentoring and support to other staff where needed to help build a knowledge sharing enterprise * Strong desire to maintain knowledge of industry standards, trends, and technologies and look for opportunities to implement continuous improvement of existing services. * Ability to embrace "outside-the-box" unique solutions where needed. * Ability to influence peers and technical decision-making through negotiation.
* Experience with scripting and programming languages and tools such as Python, Ansible, Shell/Expect, Jira, Confluence, and Jenkins. * Knowledge of industry trends and developments around infrastructure security automation * Demonstrated experience in infrastructure automation * Familiarity with infrastructure security devices and features (Firewalls, WAFs, Proxies, VPNs, etc)
* Experience working with various NIST compliance standards * Experience/certifications with ITIL framework and fundamentals * Experience with Palo Alto Networks and Cisco security product lines * Detailed knowledge of network and infrastructure security issues and considerations
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.