Job Description Summary
The BD Central Server & Software Deployment team is responsible for providing technical system recommendations/requirements to BD's customers and working with the customers to deploy these servers and software in preparation for the local project team. Systems Engineers are assigned to customer projects and accounts based on regional/national organizational structures. The Systems Engineers work with the project implementation team toward the common goal of an on-time, successful system implementation. Activities include technical sales support, server deployment, software deployment, system design and initial configuration tasks. In addition to customer-facing responsibilities, this team is also responsible for many backend business functions including equipment and software ordering, product development input/R&D collaboration, solution design best practices, and quality system requirements. The Systems Engineer will work closely with R&D for IDN level build and architectural design, as well as product XDE/Limited Release participation. Organizational Readiness activities involve remote and on-site support of the Alpha/Beta/Charlie progression and cross-functional team participation.
The Lead Systems Engineer has experience with a wide range of BD products and related interfaces. This role involves interaction with customers, deployment teams, and other Engineers. In addition, the Lead Systems Engineer provides peer support for other Systems Engineers. The effective Lead Systems Engineer must be able to clearly communicate, thoroughly document, and demonstrate product server & software competency. The Lead Systems Engineer must have the ability to establish collaborative working relationships with cross-functional project & product teams.
Specific Duties, Activities and Responsibilities
* Technical - Follow and provide feedback on technical documentation, new product validation/requirements, test plans, technical solution design, server & software deployment, system integration etc.
* Peer Support
* Administrative activity
* Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Participate in conference calls with internal customers to facilitate documentation, training, and peer support
* Establish rapport with customers (internal & external) that is conducive to a long term business relationships
* Provide team support and in-depth product information on BD products as assigned by manager
* Must be able to lead customer teams, share expertise, gain consensus within teams and deliver concise and consistent communication
* Provide product feedback, technical insight, and customer requirements to Senior Systems Engineers
* Effectively communicates the vision and business need for change to others and maintains a positive perspective
* Demonstrate understanding of hospital information systems, system validation, active directory, databases, and system virtualization,cloud technologies
* Provide technical sales support in collaboration with sales and HIT specialist and demonstrate the ability to lead technical discussions and consultations
* Prepare and deliver technical diagrams and presentations to our customers
* Communicates technical requirements and recommendations/solutions to project leadership team
* Ability to interact with and guide diverse cross-functional teams with a focus on medium to large projects
* Must be detail oriented, and demonstrate the ability to multitask and implement projects consistent with established company and customer objectives
* Provide peer support and demonstrate the ability to understand cause and effect when analyzing a process, situation, or issue
* Demonstrate problem solving, troubleshooting, and system consultation related to BD products, best practice considerations and standardization
* Install and support the deployment of BD servers and software in customer environments
* Expected to act as a customer support resource when necessary
* Collaborate with customers and Senior Systems Engineers on confirming specifications/requirements
* Provide input to product documentation
* Participate in specialized projects and teams
* Work independently
* Comply with all Central Server & Software Deployment Policies and Procedures
* Timely completion of project documentation
* Monitor and supply updates on escalated critical issues
* Possess excellent organizational skills with the flexibility to readily adapt to change
* Recognize unnecessary workflow steps and identify processes that can be improved to increase productivity
* Participate in cross-functional teams with the purpose of improving process, workflow, and service
Education or Equivalent:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
Experience or Equivalent:
* Experience in healthcare information systems.
* Four or more years in healthcare environment with technical (systems) involvement and computerized system applications.
* Must have a working knowledge of a variety of Operating Systems, software applications, including BD products.
* Experience with medium/large projects required.
Certifications and/or strong experience include:
* SQL/DB Admin
* Active Directory
* IT Security
* Must provide proof of, and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for and required by the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
* Travel may range from 10% - 25%, overnight travel. Position requires flexible working hours, including some nights and weekends. Ability to work independently from a home office.
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 80 lbs. This position may involve pushing, pulling, stooping, bending and lifting.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
About Becton Dickinson
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company that develops, manufactures, and sells medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment, and diagnostic products.