This Software Development/Engineer will lead a small team of developers focused on managing and growing the enterprise data platform. Leveraging his/her demonstrable understanding of database, ETL and Java technologies and leadership experience in the areas of software development, architecture and operations, he/she will guide the teams modernizing the data platform and extending its capabilities. The role requires design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of platform features, including collaboration with other technology teams.
* Work closely with business and technology partners on feature definition, platform roadmap, business case development, and overall direction of the enterprise data services platform.
* Ensure platform is operating efficiently and effectively
* Oversee and lead software development efforts
* Develop and monitor project plans, resource plans and budgets
* Provide guidance on routine to highly complex problems to team members
* Align to enterprise software development practices
* Coach and develop team members
Hiring Manager says:
"We're looking for a seasoned data and application development who can lead a distributed team in efficiently managing the existing platform capabilities, while simultaneously enabling innovation and growth by introducing new capabilities - someone with passion for what they do and a vision for the future."
* Experience leading development efforts through all phases of SDLC
* Strong knowledge of architectural principles, frameworks and best practices
* Experience with Agile methodologies like SCRUM, Kanban
* Strong understanding of Java/JEE design patterns, packaging, and deployment is required including (Spring, Hibernate, Spring WS)
* Experience building service oriented architectures: SOAP, REST, Microservices, Cloud and API standards (Apache Camel, Apache CXF)
* Experience architecting enterprise data solutions
* Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
* Technical leadership and mentoring skills to guide and act as SME
* Experience developing cost estimates and negotiating contracts with vendors
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related fields
* 7+ years of technical experience in software architecture and development
* 7+ years of design and development of high performance messaging and transaction processing systems experience in financial services
* Java EE experience
* Ability to collaborate with business and technology teams to create practical, robust and scalable architectures and solutions meeting the business and technology goals/strategy of the organization
Job ID :
Posted On :
New York, NY US
About S&P Global
S&P Global is a provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets.