Discover your opportunity with Union Bank® and become a part of one of the world's leading financial groups. Union Bank is a member of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the world's 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
* Primary responsibilities to include leading, designing, developing and implementing solutions for Mobile Hybrid App
* Lead design and development efforts resulting in well structured, reusable and maintainable code for the commercial mobile application
* Building and supporting hybrid mobile application for iOS and Android platforms
* Working with Product and UX to understand customer requirements, and collaborating on the design of new features
* Taking an active role in determining the architecture, technology and tools for our mobile platform
* Collaborating with other team members in an agile environment
* Driving development best practices, including unit testing, coding standards, and code reviews
* Identifying, proposing and implementing best-fit solutions in a complex business environment
* Capable of implementing industry best-practices related to mobile application development concepts, design and architecture.
* Apply corporate technical standards, procedures and policies to resolve incidents and issues in a timely manner
* Ensure technical solutions meet business needs and that customer satisfaction with the delivered solution
* Lead and coach a team of passionate software engineers to build, implement and operate mobile solutions
* Ability to provide thought leadership on mobile excellence and practice
* Sound planning, organizational and problem solving skills, excellent project management skills
* Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and peers on your team via good coding practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices.
* Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, user interface design, protocol and communications architecture, database and object model design, development, testing, trouble-shooting, and software maintenance
* 7 years direct experience in software development
* 5 years leading, design, develop and implement hybrid mobile applications (IONIC)
* 2 year hands on experience native IOS & Android application development
* Hand on experience in objective C, Swift, Android, Xcode, Android Studio,
* Strong experience in UX design
* Familiar with React Native
* Expertise in using design patterns and object oriented methodologies for mobile applications
* Expertise in data structure, multithreading, collections, exception handling
* Strong experience REST, JSON, AJAX, API/Services, J2EE, Hibernate, MQ, SQL, Oracle, JBoss, JQuery, MQ, OpenShift, Apache
* Experience in implementing mobile application security
* Experience in AWS, Axure, Google cloud or other cloud solution is a plus
* Experience in Software Development Life Cycle methodologies like Agile, Scrum and Water Fall model
* Knowledgeable in commercial banking
* Experience in Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development frameworks.
* Experience developing cross-platform applications
* Experience with source control and build tools.
* Knowledge with JIRA, Confluence, Maven, GIT (github, Bitbucket or similar)
* Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels including management
* Must be a self-learner with the ability to pick up and leverage new mobile technologies
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About MUFG Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.