Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Hadoop Developer, Software Engineering
* Offers team in the Loyalty group at Mastercard is at the heart of providing end consumers highly personalized card linked offers by marrying offers from our advertisering network with anonymized transaction data
* Industry leading group to establish card linked offers as an alternative digital advertising channel
* Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
* Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
* Have you led a team of diverse skills and experience?
* Ensure quality of one or more application codebases and alignment with development standards
* Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior employees
* Provides input into performance appraisal process for some junior employees or team members
* Designs highly complex applications, interfaces and integration with a modest number of systems
* Integrates at an enterprise level using third-party middleware or messaging products, or by designing and implementing custom interfaces and mapping for those interfaces
* Responsible for performance engineering of the enterprise software architecture, and providing functional guidance, advice, and/or training to other application developers
* Modest advanced code development, code review and day-to-day support duties
* Group-wide and external public speaking and other communications conveying domain level directions
* Researching and evaluating tools to support domain-specific needs
All About You
* Software development experience with solid working experience in the Big data area.
* Experience designing and implementing large, scalable distributed systems
* Experience deploying and working with big data technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Spark
* Highly proficient in OO programming (Java and Python preferred)
* Understanding of Hadoop Ecosystem ( HDFS, Yarn, MapReduce, Spark, Hive, Impala ) and should be able to coach the other members of the team
* Proficiency on Linux / Unix command line
* Ability to debug production issues using standard command line tools
* Design documentation and maintaining process documents
* Understanding of Hadoop/Spark internals or commiters preferred
* Knowledge of chef automation
* Ability to debug Hadoop / Hive job failures
* Using Cloudera in administering Hadoop
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.