You're well-versed as a leader in the tenets of mobile free-to-play game design. You're ambitious, yet humble and eager to work with collaborative and diverse groups. You want to elevate the field of mobile game design and will improve Kabam's design team as a whole.
Sound like a match? Kabam Austin is looking for a talented and passionate Lead Designer to develop the overall vision for the game, including tone, story, platform, content, gameplay and licensed IP.
The Lead Design role will help shepherd a small development team through ideation via rapid-prototyping, rigorous interrogation, and carefully directed areas of exploration, and work with your team to break down and evaluate problem spaces. You'll facilitate the formulation of the game pillars with the support of the larger Kabam design discipline. You'll act as the design ambassador internally at Kabam and with external partners.
* You're aware of and following industry-leading titles, especially in F2P mobile
* You've shepherded the creative and game design goals for at least one product
* You can articulate what good design practices look like and train your team on how to follow them
* You've hired dozens of designers in your career and know how to recruit for excellence, and have experience career-managing designers
* 7-10+ years of game development experience
* Deep familiarity with Action and RPG genres on mobile, PC, console, and pen-and-paper platforms
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience with an emphasis on game design, economics, math, or psychology
* You enjoy some hands-on time -- scripting, building, proving out your vision is important to you
* Shipped at least 2 AAA titles on any platform
* Experience working with licensing partners
* Art or engineering skills
* Experience with scripting languages
* Experience with Unity/C#
* Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and Blueprints and/or C++
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to Apply Now and tell us what games have influenced you. Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.
At Kabam, we're constantly pushing the bar for excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games.
Kabam is a world leader of free-to-play games for mobile devices. Console quality graphics and next generation technology are the hallmark of Kabam games. Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behaviour to create immersive games enjoyed by players around the world. Kabam's games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight and won several awards including Apple Editor's Choice and Google Play's Best Game of the Year. Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.