Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That's the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we're constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we've launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a member of our Game Design Team, you will join one of our teams working on, what we call, our "core" games. We are looking for an exceptionally talented designer who is excited to bring AAA quality work to help establish Pocket Gems as a leader in polished, yet deep multiplayer gameplay. We are passionate about shaping and defining games as we know it on mobile!
What You'll Do:
* Join one of our core teams and up-level the existing game design processes and team to help us continue to build the best games in the industry
* Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
What You Bring to the Game Design team:
* 5+ years of experience in game design
* Ability to conceptualize, prototype, iterate and balance features
* Strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics and game flow
* Avid gamer across multiple platforms/genres
* Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively with others
* Self-organized and self-motivated
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.