Full stack Applications Developer to develop, enhance, and maintain enterprise / departmental IT systems. Must have experience leading a development team in engineering development solutions. This position will probably require 50% of your time attending meetings with stakeholders, business, and integration partners .This position requires in-depth hands on experience developing software in a team environment where customer focus, cooperation, communication, and continual tradecraft improvements are the norm. Must have excellent debugging skills, work independently, and interact well with others. Must have a TS/SCI Full Scope Poly Clearance. This position is located in the Herndon area.
* BS/BA in Software Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or similar OR equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to lead a team both in the area of personnel management and consensus making
* Proficient in Java
* Experienced in Python
* Must know to use an IDE to code (ex - IntelliJ, Eclipse, NetBeans)
* Experience with interacting in a Linux environment (ex - Bash scripting, VI)
* Ability to work well with others as well as independently (MUST leave ego at the door)
* Ability to interact and negotiate with other teams, stakeholders, users, and externals
* Ability to work well in a constantly evolving work environment
* Experience with front end development (ex - Angular 2+, React, HTML, CSS, JQuery)
* Experience search architecture (ex - Solr, ElasticSearch)
* Familiarity with Source code management and integration (ex - GitHub/GitLab, Jenkins)
* Hands on experience with cloud technology (AWS / C2S)
* Experience in an Agile environment
* Experience with testing frameworks (ex - Junit, Mockito, Swagger, Postman)
* Experience with web services (REST) and service oriented architecture (SOA) - Spring Boot, Tomcat
* Experience with relational databases (ex - Oracle / MySql)
* Big Data Frameworks such as Spark or Hadoop
* Data Science frameworks such as Keras, Tensorflow, or Theano
* Experience with building querying ontologies such as Zeno, OWL, RDF, SparQL
* Experience with GPU processing
* Experience with word2vec or doc2vec algorithms
* Bachelor's degree highly desired plus ten (10) years of experience. Additional work experience may be substituted for a degree.
138181 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.