Lead Firmware Engineer
Job Title: Lead Firmware Engineer
Department: Video Solutions
Location: San Mateo, CA
Summary: As a senior member of embedded team, this person will work with cross functional teams to create cutting edge devices for home security and monitoring system to deliver high quality products for our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* 5+ years of experience as a firmware/software engineer designing and supporting development of embedded systems.
* Expert level programming skills in C and C++ for real time environments.
* Experience developing Linux boot loader, BSP and applications on embedded Linux environment
* Experience developing software under low-power operation requirements using different processors and Micro Controllers (ARM, MCUs).
* Experience implementing applications on wireless communication protocol stacks using wireless technologies (WiFi 802.11, Bluetooth/BLE)
* Experience developing software in various RTOS environments (Embedded Linux, VxWorks) and debugging embedded code with JTAG.
* Board bring up experience, bus protocol debugging (I2C, SPI, UART) and power management
* Understand product requiremts and derive product design and development
* Mentor junior team members and drive technical issues
* Experience with SCM tools (Git, SVN).
* Working knowledge of video streaming protocols (RTSP, RTMP, Wistreamer, etc)
Required Experience & Qualifications:
* 5+ years of experience with embedded firmware design
* Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
Ooma offers consumer and business products that provide free and low-cost U.S. and Canadian telephone calling and advanced cloud-based telephony services to its global base of customers. Ooma delivers HD call quality and the reliability of traditional phone service at a fraction of the cost, in a sleek and innovative design. Ooma has been ranked the #1 home phone service for overall satisfaction and value for the last three consecutive years by a leading consumer research publication. The Ooma Mobile HD app allows customers to make U.S. and international calls from their iOS and Android devices. Ooma is available at leading retailers and online destinations. For more information, go to www.ooma.com (U.S.) or www.ooma.com/ca (Canada).
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to email@example.com. (We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Ooma is a telecommunications company offering consumer and business products that provide free and low-cost U.S. and Canadian telephone calling and advanced cloud-based telephony services.