Logitech G and Astro Gaming are looking for a Lead System Firmware Engineer with an innovation mindset looking to revolutionize our gaming headset products for our global gaming brands.
We are a small nimble group and we are growing our team. We create amazing gaming experiences using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about play. If you are a highly-creative Lead System Firmware Engineer who enjoys building products that help people play more, have a track record of shipping products, and enjoy working cross-functionally with mechanical and optical engineers, software teams, and product professionals, you may be a great fit for our Gaming Audio Innovation Team. You will be part of a small team focused on building the next great platforms that make gaming an amazing immersive experience. You will create gaming product that will be used by thousands of people every day including professional gamers.
Are you ready to join the team responsible for bringing innovation into world class Gaming Audio products for a great company?
The Lead System Firmware Engineer will work continuously with world class technologists, industrial designers, marketers, the gaming community, cross functional engineering teams and CM's to create high end gaming equipment. This position requires familiarity with the full design cycle for high volume products. Strong technical design and analysis capabilities are also required. In addition, this role will be responsible for researching and developing new technologies along with the other Gaming Audio Innovation Team members.
In this role you will:
* Develop firmware for a variety of embedded products.
* Research and develop firmware for next experiences and technologies.
* Create and execute development and bring up schedules.
* Create project and technical reports as required.
* Help define product architecture as needed.
* Participate in schematic/layout review process.
* Test and evaluate prototypes from initial engineering samples to mass production.
* Develop tools for internal use, including scripts and basic hardware interfaces.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
* Prototyping experience using EVKs, protoboards, etc…
* Strong lab skills, including circuit analysis/debug, PCBA bring up, solder/rework.
* Scripting skills desirable, including Python, Perl.
* Understanding of good test practices, design for test, and test script development.
* Knowledge of audio engineering concepts including characterization, signal processing, real-time requirements, etc…
* Experience working with and maintaining OSS development tools.
* Strong Unix user skills, admin knowledge a plus but not required.
* Ability to work with cross functional development teams from internal staff, outside contractors and Asia CM's.
* Ability to demonstrate at least one full FW product development cycle of a high volume, consumer electronic device.
* Work with electrical engineering, marketing, and suppliers to develop FW for Cortex-M processors as part of a small team.
* Assist other engineering fields in evaluating and specifying microcontrollers and other embedded devices into future products.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
* Reasonable understanding of ASM programming concepts expected.
* Knowledge of SVN, git, good understanding of revision control best practices.
* Experience with GCC/make based tool-chains for embedded development.
* Good understanding of ARM Cortex-M. Knowledge of other MCUs and embedded platforms a plus.
* Good understanding of RTOS based firmware design.
* Understanding of the gaming, interactive, on-line, console, pc markets a plus, but not required.
* BSEE required
* At least 5 years proven track record of bringing consumer electrical products into production.
* Strong C skills required.
Logitech G and Astro Gaming are the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we're small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we're big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That's a pretty sweet spot to be in and we're always striving to keep it that way.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1-510-713-4866 for assistance.