Job ID: 166749
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Information Technology
Our technology team works fast and smart. With San Francisco as our home, we take bringing new tech to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest in-store client experience. We love what we do and we have fun doing it. The Technology group is comprised of motivated self-starters and true team players that are absolutely integral to the growth of Sephora and our future success.
Your role at Sephora:
* As a Lead Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for architecture and design; acting as a Lead / Mentor to a team of engineers responsible for developing applications on JDA/Red Prairie Warehouse Management System and Logistics Systems. You will be working with multiple vendors and internal engineers to develop software applications. Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, you will possess a comprehensive knowledge of DC business processes, Warehouse Management Systems & JDA/RP Application development experience. In addition, you will:
* Provide software system solutions, architecture and design for logistics and warehouse management domains
* Mentor, guide and lead Engineers to deliver solutions on time per scope
* Lead development of large projects with help from augmented staff or internal engineers
* Resolve technical issues, design & development for WMS systems
* Work with Engineers to follow standards & utilize Agile development process to deliver enhancements & projects
* Provide technical approach to engineers and ensure correct code is developed per Sephora standards
* Work closely with the business to understand operational opportunities and initiatives to effectively liaison between the business and IT
* Provide guidance for Production Engineering/Support team for Continuous improvement and enhancements
* Work with Cross Functional teams for finalizing design and creating interface specifications
* Design scalable and portable applications in warehouse management and logistics systems
* Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We're excited about you if you have:
* At least 7 years of system experience developing applications in the retail sector
* Minimum of 2 years of experience leading engineers; proven experience leading development work for large projects
* Strong coding skills to include MOCA, SQL, PLSQL, Java, C, JASPER
* Strong knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (JDA 8.2 and Red Prairie 2012 or newer)
* Strong knowledge of distribution center processes and systems used to support operations
* Experience and knowledge of retail business and logistics operations required, including a solid understanding of basic operational processes (picking, packing, shipping, cycle counting, etc.)
* Strong development / integration experience (DC automation systems, pick to light systems, goods to person); automatic sortation is must
* Ability to diagnose system performance improvements and work with DBA/Development teams to implement changes
* Sound analytical skills to devise solutions to complex problems
* Strong mentoring skills to monitor engineers' assignment, quality of work and delivery
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and / or equivalent experience
You'll love working here because:
* The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams - people you can be proud to work with.
* The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product ("gratis") various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
* The business. It feels good to win - and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
* The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and "Summer Fridays" (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
* The LVMH family. Sephora's parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora's Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District, but you won't hear us call it a headquarters - it's the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client's every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it's not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.
Sephora is a chain of personal care and beauty stores.