Beachbody, the leader of in-home fitness programs and nutritional products, is on the lookout for top-notch talent. We're an equal-opportunity employer who offers competitive compensation, incredible benefits and perks, not to mention a laid-back office filled with smart, friendly people and positive energy. We also provide free Shakeology, onsite gyms, flexible work hours, and cool product discounts. Are you ready to help us achieve our goal of helping people live healthy fulfilling lives?
* PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE HAS THE OPTION OF BEING LOCATED IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE OR SANTA MONICA.
What will you be doing at Beachbody as Lead Engineer, Software
As a Lead Engineer, Software at Beachbody, you will drive cutting-edge solutions to our expanding business needs. We need an individual that can develop in collaboration with partners to provide technical expertise.
The ideal Lead Engineer will be a cross-platform Technology Expert who thrives on successfully delivering state of the art engineering projects. The ideal candidate will have established a reputation of delivering high-quality and highly sustainable software engineering products on time.
* 8+ years working with software engineering teams in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
* Expert level experience in working with front-end technologies; including React, npm, gulp, SCSS, etc.
* Hands on troubleshooting experience
* Working experience designing and constructing RESTful web services and applications for a cloud-based, scalable infrastructure
* Demonstrated agile delivery expertise with particular excellence in estimation and planning
* Expertise in developing and delivering scalable and reusable solutions.
* Node experience desired.
* Expertise in working with cloud solutions such as Amazon AWS desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and prioritization skills
* Self-starter, self-motivated attitude, and willing to take initiative
* High interest in technology and continuous learning
* Experience working with external personnel and vendors
* Ability to collaborate with engineering teams across the organization to establish, enforce and maintain engineering standards and best practices.
* Ability to mentor Junior developers and monitor overall code quality. Sets standards and expectations for team.
* Maintain GitFlow workflow.
* Admin GitHub repositories.
* Comfortable coaching team members.
* Provides technical leadership to the team.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Beachbody, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: Beachbody does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Beachbody employees, or any other company location. Beachbody is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Beachbody provides fitness, nutrition, and weight-loss programs for customers.