You will work across our department with 60+ engineers and report directly to the department tech lead in a fast growing environment. If you enjoy applying your fantastic technical expertise into marking a real company-wide impact, this is the role for you. You will do this by working together with organizational and technical leaders in and outside of Spotify to transform what mobile engineering means.
This is a chance to have a true influence on the future of the Spotify mobile and client tech stack.
What you'll do
* Technical leadership for the Spotify mobile engineering strategy, driving and supporting reshaping our mobile ecosystem.
* Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and release of complex technical projects, define architectural vision and provide leadership for teams.
* You will support the department lead as an advisor and drive the technical vision and strategy.
* You will drive our Technical Steering Group and represent it outwardly.
* Lead by example in developing efficient, high-performance software.
* Work closely with product management and UX teams to ensure we are building the best possible product.
* You will represent us in settings where deep knowledge of our tech stack is needed, such as projects, Technical Steering Groups, cross-company work streams, Special Interest Groups, and more.
* You will be part of our leadership group, and be a strong engineering voice.
* You will help and support growth of Senior Engineers and Staff Engineers.
* You will support Engineering Managers in defining and driving software craftsmanship and sustainable development processes.
* Review code to ensure it is efficient, well-tested, documented and optimal
Who you are
* You are a lead engineer, staff engineer, or principal engineer -- or have come far along the journey to become one.
* You have a deep knowledge of software engineering.
* You have extensive knowledge of mobile engineering, both from a software and a tooling perspective.
* You have an expert understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
* You are deeply versed in describing a solution space in writing.
* You are skilled in finding, defining and facilitating the creation and sharing of both low level and high level architecture.
* Your are well versed in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams.
* You can lead company encompassing technical projects.
* You can represent a concept, a business idea, the department and the company both in internal and external meetings and present at conferences.
* You can define a strategy and execute it.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.