At Sephora, "beauty" rimes with "creativity": Always nosing out the hottest brands and spotting the freshest trends and products, we are constantly bubbling with ideas and creativity, to offer our customers an amazing beauty selection.
At Sephora, "learning" rimes with "fun": We encourage curiosity, innovation, disruptive spirit and freedom to experience. We are serious but we don't take ourselves too seriously! Our passion, our sense of detail, the extreme attention we pay to details, to the others and to our environment characterizes us and nourishes our unconventional vision of the world: a colorful, happy, and generous one! This bold attitude makes our difference.
Our objective is to make Sephora the most admired beauty retailer in the world.
Our technology team works fast and smart. With San Francisco as our home, we take bringing new tech to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest in-store client experience. We love what we do and we have fun doing it. The Technology group is comprised of motivated self-starters and true team players that are absolutely integral to the growth of Sephora and our future success.
Your role at Sephora:
As a Technical Lead, Commerce Systems, you will lead and work as a key part of a dynamic backend services team focused on supporting and leading our growth and solutions to the next level. Reporting to the Manager, Commerce Engineering, you will develop the technical approach for the eCommerce platform and drive implementation through design and development. In addition, you will:
* Influence the overall vision, contribute to the design and drive the development of technology solutions across the various business units.
* Advance the agile SDLC approach to delivery and influence the on-time delivery of projects.
* Work collaboratively in a group of passionate developers in a high energy, fast paced and outcome-oriented environment.
* Focus on designing and implementing systems for scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
* As the liaison between the business area and support team, ensures the understanding of business problems in order to reach the ultimate technical solution that fixes business issues
* Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We're excited about you if you have:
* 9+ years of experience in the field of Information Technology including positions in development, systems administration, and architecture.
* Experience with Java/J2EE, Oracle Commerce, Apache, JBoss, Spring, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, RESTful)
* Understanding of build processes and tools (GITLab, Stash, Graddle, ANT, Maven, automated builds Jenkins Continuous Integration continuous builds)
* Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to engage one-on-one at all levels of the organization or present to business and technical stakeholders.
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
* IT delivery experience involving infrastructure and applications through concept, development, validation, deployment, and support.
* Product evaluation through RFI/RFP including working with vendors and internal stakeholder groups to align features, technology, and cost to meeting the business objectives.
You'll love working here because:
* The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams - people you can be proud to work with.
* The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product ("gratis") various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
* The business. It feels good to win - and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
* The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and "Summer Fridays" (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
* The LVMH family. Sephora's parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora's Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District, but you won't hear us call it a headquarters - it's the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client's every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it's not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Part of the LVMH group, Sephora numbers:
* 17,000 references
* 6 million visitors annually to our Champs-Elysées flagship store
* more than 300 stores in France and around 2,000 points of sale in the world
* 27,000 employees - 4,500 of them in France
Are you willing to join us? What you will find: trainings, challenges, constant possibilities of evolution.The adventure starts here: Come sephorize the world with us!
Sephora is a chain of personal care and beauty stores.