There's no better time to bring your software engineering career to the health care industry.
You take pride in designing and developing solutions. And not just any solutions -- solutions that are scalable and can be used in the marketplace to make an impact on the lives of millions. At Optum, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help make the health care system work better for everyone.
When you join us as a Lead Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your technical expertise, making historic transformation in healthcare and changing the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. You will be challenged with delivering high quality software products to impact the healthcare industry for the better. Here, you'll work at a pace you didn't know you had in you, your performance will be rewarded and, at the end of the day, you'll know you're doing your life's best work.(sm)
* Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and DevSecOps.
* Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
* Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost
* 5 years' experience in software engineering and development.
* Hands on and extensive experience in Cloud Architecture, Security, and Automation
* Expertise with cloud automation and scripting (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
* Experience working as a Lead or a principal engineer in a technology centric organization
* HIPAA and Regulatory compliance experience
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or Technology preferred
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Java, Cloud, architecture, security, AWS, Azure Security