Job ID: 164670
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Information Technology
Our technology team works fast and smart. With San Francisco as our home, we take bringing new tech to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest in-store client experience. We love what we do and we have fun doing it. The Technology group is comprised of motivated self-starters and true team players that are absolutely integral to the growth of Sephora and our future success.
Your role at Sephora:
As a Lead Engineer, you will lead and work as a key part of a dynamic backend services team focused on supporting and leading our growth and solutions to the next level. Reporting to the Director, eCommerce Engineering, you will develop the technical approach for a microservices-oriented eCommerce platform and drive implementation through design and development. In addition, you will:
* Influence the overall vision, contribute to the design and drive the development of technology solutions across the various business units.
* Advance the agile SDLC approach to delivery and influence the on-time delivery of projects.
* Work collaboratively in a group of passionate developers in a high energy, fast paced and outcome-oriented environment.
* Focus on designing and implementing systems for scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
* Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We're excited about you if you have:
* 10+ years of experience in the field of Information Technology including positions in development, systems administration, and architecture.
* Experience with Java/J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, Micro-services, Apache.
* Strong understanding of microservice architecture/design and data modeling techniques.
* Ability to design, develop and implement scalable, elastic microservice based platforms.
* An understanding of external cloud hosting providers including Microsoft Azure, GCP and AWS
* Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to engage one-on-one at all levels of the organization or present to business and technical stakeholders.
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
* IT delivery experience involving infrastructure and applications through concept, development, validation, deployment, and support.
* Product evaluation through RFI/RFP including working with vendors and internal stakeholder groups to align features, technology, and cost to meeting the business objectives.
You'll love working here because:
* The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams - people you can be proud to work with.
* The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product ("gratis") various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
* The business. It feels good to win - and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
* The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and "Summer Fridays" (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
* The LVMH family. Sephora's parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora's Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District, but you won't hear us call it a headquarters - it's the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client's every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it's not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.
Sephora is a company operating a chain of personal care and beauty stores.