343 Industries, the studio developing titles in the Halo universe, is looking for a Lead Animation Engineer to join our team working on the next installment of our franchise… Halo Infinite!
At 343 Industries, our mission is to inspire heroes and deliver wonder. We strive to elevate and amplify each other. The runtime animation team is part of the team responsible for developing the Slipspace engine and game systems features empowering designers and engineers to deliver Halo Infinite. The team partners with many engineering groups to power our new engine.
343 Industries has developed a set key studio values which simultaneously define, shape, and drive our workplace: https://www.343industries.com/studio. Candidates are expected to be familiar with these values and should be prepared to demonstrate ways in which they reflect this vision.
* 3+ years as a lead engineer.
* 6+ years of professional animation programming experience.
* 8+ years of professional C++ experience.
* Experience with modern animation systems and technologies.
* A passion for creating amazing and believable character motion.
* Comfortable working with large complex codebases.
* Solid understanding of algorithms, performance, optimization, and debugging.
* Strong 3D Math skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experience developing multi-threaded systems.
* Experience with LUA or similar scripting systems.
* Experience developing data-driven systems.
* Experience with facial animation systems.
* Experience building animation tools in the games (or related) industry.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Lead the design, implementation and vision of core animation components.
* Collaborate strongly with animation, technical animation, design and engineering.
* Develop and maintain high-quality code and contribute to best practices.
* Manage a team of 4-5 engineers.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.