Cubic Transportation Systems
At Cubic we're changing the way people travel - to work, to school, to wherever they want or need to go, and home again. Come join our team of data experts as we build innovative technologies and leverage the latest data science techniques to tackle transportation's most pressing challenges. As a global company our work impacts the lives of millions of people around the world in cities like London, New York, Sydney, and many more. Cubic is the analytics center of excellence and we are using data to optimize transit networks, reduce road congestion, improve the travel experience, and minimize each city's carbon footprint.
You will collaborate with a diverse group of talented professionals who are as passionate about their work as you are, and are committed to delivering only the highest quality solutions. We are an agile team and this means you're empowered to deliver the best results, have the opportunity to influence all aspects of the business, and know that each contribution you make is significant. In an industry where Cubic is a world leader, we're driving a paradigm shift in how transportation services are planned, delivered, and consumed to better meet the needs of an increasing and ever-more concentrated urban population. Don't take a backseat. Join Cubic and be instrumental in driving the future of travel.
Cubic is looking to fill a position specializing in Payments Industry activity, particularly for EMV and acquirer certifications. Cubic has written its own Payment Gateway for transit applications. That gateway requires periodic certifications to acquiring banks (currently American Express, Chase, BAMS, Elavon, Vantiv, MPGS, and Barclays). In addition, Cubic manufactures contactless NFC readers that require EMV brand certification, while also deploying industry standard readers and PIN pads from Ingenico, ID TECH, and Verifone. All of these devices require EMV certification when deployed to new cities with different acquirers. Must be able to understand and diagnose complex issues in low level communication logs between NFC contactless readers and IC/mobile wallets. The ideal candidate will lead all EMV certification activities in Cubic North America, while working to define appropriate transit solutions with card brands and acquirers, and while staying current with the evolving Payments standards and mandates.
Works independently and acts as technical consultant or project leader on complex software engineering projects. Provides technical guidance and leadership. Provides project coordination and supervision. Coordinates activities for proposals/new business. Defines budget and schedule constraints. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs
* Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations
* Participates in the design, development, planning, modification and/or improvement of software operational systems
* Performs system analysis
* Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs, specifications and test plans for systems and equipment based on customer/contract requirements
* Coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing of proposal documents
* Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedule and technical approaches
* Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
* Conducts in-house design reviews and technical meetings
* Makes presentations before management and customers
* Monitors project status and progress and measures system performance
* Manages budget and schedule for software certification tasks
* Maintains liaison with customer, subcontractor and vendor representatives
* Maintains liaison with acquiring bank and card scheme representatives
* Keeps abreast of changes in the Payments industry across brands and acquirers
* Participates in Payments industry conferences and committees
* Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree plus a minimum of eight years of related experience, or the demonstration of comparable abilities with more than 15 years in Payments. Ability to use PC software such as Microsoft Word/Project/Visio, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, interface with customers, subcontractors and vendors. Must be able to solve complex and difficult engineering problems. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products desirable. May be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.