Electronic Arts (Ea)
Requisition Number: 155690
Position Title: Senior Systems Engineer / Lead
We are EA
And we make games - how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Digital Platform Data Group is responsible for developing a unified Big Data pipeline across all game franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform incorporates data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud based tech stack with best-in-class tools. The Data Group provides the tools and platform which powers the future state of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience including cutting edge, dynamic in-game player experiences powered by extensive real-time game telemetry. Our environments are continuously challenged by marketing promotions, game launches, and rapid innovation. We are passionate about automation and ensuring high standards.
Who You Are
* You thrive in a collaborative team environment.
* You are passionate about efficiency and automation.
* You love solving problems.
* You have a penchant for handling distributed big data systems
What a DevOps Lead does:
* Propose innovative solutions and improve existing systems to increase efficiency, quality and productivity of IT systems and processes
* Respond to outages and alerts quickly to ensure public availability of our online services.
* Analyze the architecture of existing systems and propose ideas for improving and optimizing the quality of these systems while reducing the number of problems
* Lead a virtual team of L1 and On-call engineers to ensure high availability, performance and scalability of our services.
* Update, integrate, develop, create, adjust and customize hardware and software solutions in an optimal way, document the requirement and result and ensure operations teams are able to support and carry on in your stead
* Refine processes to develop a culture of quality and high availability
* Automate processes to increase efficiency wherever possible
* Help architect and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, scaling, and security
* Instrument monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues
* Maintain and build deployment software and tools (Jenkins, Chef, etc.)
* Work closely with developers to ensure on time delivery of services
The next great EA DevOps Lead also needs:
* 8+ years' experience working on large scale data systems.
* 3+ years of experience leading operations teams
* Understanding of big data systems.
* Understanding of infrastructure operations and management
* Ability to define and execute complex operations
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, etc.)
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
* Experience administering Java based technologies: Spring, JBOSS, Jetty, Tomcat.
* Working knowledge of databases/SQL
* Working knowledge of networking (load balancing, TCP/IP, Virtual IP, etc.)
* Working knowledge of Big Data Systems (Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Hive, etc.)
* Continuous integration and delivery tools like GitLab, Chef, Ansible, Puppet and Jenkins.
* Dynamic problem solver
* Quick learner
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to enforce existing EA standards and help establish new ones
* Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
* Dependable and high commitment to projects (the team is counting on you)
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the "work hard/play hard" credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead DevOps Engineer (Data)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-10 16:23:49.89
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US
About Electronic Arts (Ea)
Electronic Arts is a company that develops, markets, publishes, and distributes games, content, and services for game consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.